Secrets

Rays of Hope

It's okay to let yourself dream. It's even okay to worry, really. I'm serious.

It is normal to worry.

Just don't let yourself drown in those dreary thoughts because despair is sticky and encompassing.

And I can see that hope inside you, it's brimming out through your eyes. Sometimes you let me down when you let it drip off your face. I like the days where direction is whichever way you decide it is. Those are the best days.

Do you know what those days become?

They become yours. Your days are the best.

Your faith in God is strong and you're centered. Confident.

When your days come, you're not distracted by all the petty things of the world like who you were fighting with last night and who stole your charger this morning, but instead, about life, about people, about actions. When you care, everything changes. I like that.

You don't know your impact on people. I'm beginning to see it, it's beautiful.

For the most part anyways, you'll work on it. I can tell you've already noticed that your bad mood is contagious.

You're like a flower, a beautiful rose that blossoms and enfolds in plain sight. The sun, from whichever direction it is shining, radiates on your face and I'm captured in those moments. And like a flower, you begin to shrivel from attention, from life, from those around, when there isn't enough light, when you lose hope, when you're having a bad moment. Those around you watch you're bright soft exterior melt before their eyes as your interior is so reflective and we always catch a glimpse of your heart. They shrivel a little too. Don't you know how visible you are?

It's love we have for you, not the romantic kind. Really. It's the kind of love for friends, for role models. The love reserved for someone you wish to be. A hero, or at least a good example.

And I know you have a goal, many goals, that's why I'm writing here. I want you to be successful. I never want to see you drop down again. Let's begin with inspiration.

Let's begin with hope and smiles. May God bring you success in your goals for this world and the next.

Remember, smiling is charity.