I Belong With You, You Belong With Me

You're The One That I Want

I sat quietly in my apartment looking at the present I had made Sidney, I heard a knock on the door then grabbed the present and opened the door. "Hey, are you ready to go?" I nodded and he took my hand in his and we left for his condo, where the 'Team Christmas' was being held. Sid and I talked a bit in the car, he kept guessing what his present was, I always said no. When we got there, Flower greeted us and Beau took our coats, "Why is the rookie taking coats?" Sidney asked Nealer, James pointed to a broken plate being cleaned up by now Beau. "What the hell, man? Those were really expensive! How did you brEak it?" Beau looked down at the glass shards then back at Sid,"I...I tried to play Frisbee." Sidney shook his head then walked to his room and said, "I'm guessing your present to me is awesome, so put it in here so the rookie doesn't break it." I laughed and set it down on his bed.

"Food's ready!" I heard Flower yell from the kitchen, followed by loud footsteps and sounds of plates, forks, and knives clinging together. Sidney and I walked to the delicious food and filled our plates. "I'm gonna sit by the girls, I'll give you your present after." He smiled and nodded which I assumed meant "Sounds good" then we went our seperate ways.

The wives/fiancees/girlfriends were so nice, they always carried on a conversation and they were so funny and kind. "So, are you and Sidney talking about engagement yet?" I looked behind me then pointed to myself, "Me?" I said. They laughed, "Yes! You guys look pretty serious." Flowers wife was talking, she was gorgeous and so sweet, "Well, we aren't even dating. And I doubt he likes me in that way." They all looked at me like I had just eaten a spider. "Are you kidding me? The way Sidney looks at you, how he smiles whenever he's around you, he brings you close to him, he hangs out with you a lot. Sidney wasn't even nearly this close with his ex, Lauren. If he doesn't like you, I would be so surprised. Do you like him?" I thought about what she had said, Sidney does smile whenever he's with me, we do hangout alot, and he does pull me toward him, I blushed and mumbled, "Yes."

The girls were all in on getting me and Sidney together, they all said they would tell their boys to try to make Sidney say he likes me. I just sat there smiling, what if Sidney really did like me?

Sidney came up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders, "Present time!" He had the smile of a 7 year old on his face. All of the girls had smiles and winks on their faces as I walked to his room. "You first." He said, I picked up the present and handed it to him carefully. He ripped the wrapping paper open, he picked up the frame and smiled, I had a photographer take pictures of us when Sidney had the Stanley Cup. It was a picture of me and him with Stanley on the ice, literally minutes after he had won it. He had Stanley in both hands above his head, we were looking at eachother, he was smiling his beautiful smile and I was smiling with him, what a surreal moment.

He looked at me and I said, "Do you like it?" He shook his head and said, "I love it. Thank you!" He hugged me which I was smiling, he let go and picked up the next thing in the box, it was a bracelet from my aunt in Ireland, the bracelets she made, meant luck and pride. I managed to get her to make one in Penguins colors, Sid slipped it on his wrist then stared at it, "Thank you, I love them." He grabbed a box from his pocket, it was about 3'3 inches I was nervous. I opened the present to see a little navy blue box, I opened it and inside was the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen. It had a diamond in the middle and a circle of little diamonds around it. I stared at it in awe, it was amazing. Sidney laughed and picked up the necklace and put it around my neck. "I don't know what to say, I love it, thank you Sid." I hugged him and he hugged me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Christmas Chapter!!!!! Thanks for reading! :)