Status: Always Active (:

I Just Want It to Be You & I Forever

Day in the Park

It was a little chilly outside as we began to walk to down the street. It was a Sunday afternoon so there were more than a few people on the streets. No one seemed to even take a second glance at Niall. I could tell he was excited about going to the park. It made me smile to see him so happy. Niall and I were walking extremely close but we weren't touching. We walked about two blocks before either of us said anything.

"So I think my disguise is working, " He finally said to me.

"I know. These people don't even know they are walking past THE Niall Horan," I nugged him playfully.

We didn't say anything for a few more moments.

"So, how long have you had the studio?" he asked me.

"A little over a year now," I said.

"What made you pick London?" he looked genuinely curious.

"Well, I've always wanted to live somewhere that's different from Nashville. I love it, but being in a southern town isn't all it's cracked up to be. I wanted to live somewhere that was the complete opposite," I told him.

"So you picked London."

"Yup. A week after I graduated high school I got on a plane and the rest is history," I said proudly.

"So how does an eighteen-year old straight out of school move to London and start her own business?"

"Well its actually a pretty terrific story," I said with a smile.

"I've got time," he smiled.

We arrived at the park and went to pick out a spot. All the benches were taken by mothers watching their children on the playground. We walked over to an empty area and sat in the grass against a stone wall. The butterflies in my stomach had gone away by now, but they returned as soon as Niall did what he did next. I sat down first, leaning against the wall and crossed my legs. Niall sat down next me, closer than I thought he would.

"So let's start this story, Jane," he said with a smile and then he threw his arm up and around my shoulder. His hand was resting against my arm. As soon as he touched me, my heart began to race. I took a deep breath and relaxed.

"Well, when I was 15, my mom made me volunteer at St. Joseph's Hospital," I started. " I never liked seeing people who were sick or who were dying. So I didn't really like it at first. I volunteered twice a week, and I would go around to different patients and just talk with them for a while," I said. I glanced up at Niall and he was just looking down at me. He smiled at me. I kept talking.

"One day, I met this man. His name was Henry Callaghan. He was 62 years old and he had stomach cancer. When I met him, he had just been admitted. Henry was all alone. He didn't have any family there. I felt so bad that he was going through all of this alone, so I went and talked to him every day that I was at the hospital. Two years. We built an amazing friendship. He was like a grandfather to me. We were so much alike." I looked down. I got sad whenever I thought about Henry. I missed him.

"Our bond was unbelievable. I was closer to him than I was to my own grandparents. He was a special man to me. My parents didn't want me to pursue a career in art. They wanted me to be a doctor like my sister, Lorraine. Henry knew I didn't want to be a doctor. He told me everyday that I needed to do what I wanted to do. Henry believed in me," I took a deep breath as I remembered Henry.

"Then, a few months before my graduation, I went to the hospital to visit Henry. When I got there, they told me that Henry had died the night before. They said that he had gotten worse overnight. They said the cancer had been spreading for months," I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes. Niall wanted to say something, but he let me talk.

"A few weeks had passed. I had stopped going to the hospital after Henry died. I couldn't go back there knowing I would never see him again. One day, I was home and the doorbell rang. I answered it and a man in a suit was there. He asked to speak to a Miss Jane Lancaster. I told him that was me and I invited him inside. He told me that he was a lawyer. I was really confused because I didn't know why a lawyer would want to talk to me. Then, he told me that Henry Callaghan was one of his clients. He said that he had left me something in his last will and testament. Apparently Henry had money, a lot of money, and he had named me as the sole beneficiary. I just started crying, I didn't know what to say. Henry left me almost eight hundred thousand dollars. I was a 18 year old with almost 1 million dollars. I knew what Henry wanted me to do with that money. So I told my parents that I was going to move to London and start an art studio. They weren't happy at all, but I knew I had to do it," I smiled, "Henry was the only one who believed in me. I owe everything, all of this to him." I looked up at Niall. He was still looking at me. He was still smiling.

"Wow. That is incredible Jane. I'm so sorry about Henry though," Niall comforted me. It felt so nice. His grip on my shoulders tightened. A few moments passed.

"Yep, so that's the story of Jane Lancaster," I said and smiled.

"I can't believe you just moved to a different country all on your own. That's amazing. Don't you miss your family?" he asked me.

"Sometimes. I really miss my sister, Loraine. We were very close. She's only two years older than me."

"Mhmm. My older brother Greg and I are really close too."

"Yeah. I really miss her. I haven't spoke to her in forever. I just found out yesterday that she's engaged."

"Oh that's exciting!" he said he unwrapped his arm from my shoulders. The park was nearly empty now. Niall stood up and took my hand. We walked us over to a swing set and we both sat in swings side by side.

"I have to say, it's so nice to be able to do this without causing a big scene," he said finally.

"Able to do what?" I asked.

"To just sit here in the middle of a park with a pretty girl and not have photographers surrounding us," Niall looked over at me and smiled. I looked up at him. I saw my reflection in his sunglasses. My stomach did backflips and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What? How is that funny?" Niall laughed and nugged me in my swing.

"It's not funny," I smiled. It's just..." I took a deep breath, "it's nice. Being here, with you, I mean."

"It is," he said. He stood up out of his swing and walked over to me. He got behind me and started pushing me. Not fast or high. Just gently pushing me in my swing, making me go forward a few feet and then glide backwards into him. It was such a nice moment. It was so peaceful.

We stayed there for a while, just talking about our lives. Niall told me all about his family in Ireland, X Factor, and all of the tours he's been on. It's just amazing that he gets to do all of those things and meet so many people.

"It's all just so amazing," I said to him as he was talking about when they played Madison Square Garden.

"Yeah, it is. I'm so lucky to be able to do all of this," he smiled. We were on our way back to the studio. Niall said he would drive me home since I walked to work this morning. I didn't refuse.

"You have the power to influence so many people, doesn't that scare you?" I asked him. We were walking very close now. Our hands were gliding past each other's, almost touching.

"It does scare me sometimes. I'm not able to say a lot of things because of it. I can't ever be too personal on the internet or like on Twitter either because a lot of the fans will harass my friends and family," he said. He looked down. I could tell he was sad.

Then, an idea came into my mind and I acted without giving it a second thought. I pulled out my phone.

"Just because you can't be personal on twitter doesn't mean I can't," I smiled and pulled Niall closer. I snapped a picture of the both of us.

"Wait! Wait! I think I blinked!" Niall yelled.

"Okay fine! Get ready! 1...2...3!" We both smiled and I took a picture. It was a keeper. I opened up Twitter and posted the picture.

@TheJaneLancaster: Had a wonderful time with this kid today! @NiallOfficial pic.twitter.com/JN3uNv56OR

"I just tweeted the picture," I sang proudly. He smiled and took out his phone as well.

"And I just retweeted the picture," he sang. I pulled him closer once again to take another picture.

"Funny face this time!" I said and I snapped a picture

"Now serious face!" I said again as I took another picture. We took several pictures striking different poses.

"Okay last one!" I exclaimed as a smiled into my camera, Niall's face was right beside mine.

Then, just as I snapped the photo I felt Niall's hot lips touch my cheek. I froze where I was for a moment realizing what just happened. I lowered my phone and turned to Niall. He was just smiling back at me. I smiled a giant smile and then looked at my phone again. I pulled up the picture and showed him.

"How do we look?" I said, still smiling.

"I think this last one is my favorite," he said.

"Mine too." I smiled. We were about a block away from my studio and where Niall's car was parked. It was a little cold now because it was getting darker.

"So what are you doing tomorrow?" Niall asked me.

"Well, Syd and I have two classes tomorrow at the studio. But after that, nothing I guess. Why?" I wondered what he had in mind.

"Well would you want to go get dinner with me tomorrow? " Niall was walking slower now, waiting for a response. I didn't even think before I answered.

"Sure. I'd like that." I smiled. We were now at his car. We got in and he started on the way to my flat.

When we were driving, my phone began buzzing crazily. I looked at it. I was getting hundreds of Twitter notifications. I looked at Niall.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"My Twitter is blowing up." I said laughing. Niall's smile fell off his face.

"I'm sorry! I didn't even think about it when I retweeted the picture of us!" Niall said apologetically.

"It's fine Niall! It's kind of cool. I'm kind of cool by association now I guess," I smiled, assuring him it was fine. He smiled.

"I think you're just cool in general," he said smoothly.

"Thanks," I smiled as we approached his car.

"Well let's get you home Miss Jane Lancaster" he said as he opened the passenger side door for me. He ran around and climbed in the driver's side.

"I told you, just call me Jane," I smiled. Niall started to drive. I turned on the stereo and the parachute CD was still playing from last night. I opened his CD case and searched for something that would catch my eye. Then I saw a CD that had the words "I Must Be Dreaming" on it. I was curious so I put it in. I recognized a few songs on it. Then a I Must Be Dreaming by the Maine came on and I immediately started to sing along.

"Oh my gosh, Niall! I love this song!" I yelled.

"Me too! It's so catchy." He turned and smiled at me as the lyrics were filling the car. We both started singing. Niall was a really good singer, but what else do you expect from a member of a famous band? The song finished and another one came on, I turned down the volume and made it background noise.

"Man, I can't wait to get home. I'm so worn out. I'm going to pass out as soon as my head hits my pillow," I said yawning.

"It's only 7 o'clock," he said laughing.

"Why are you laughing?!" I reached over and nugged him playfully.

"No reason, no reason," he said still laughing slightly.

"Well looks like we are here!" he said, parking his car right beside mine, "I'll walk you up."

"Alright."

We walked inside the lobby and took the elevator up to my floor. My neighbor, Daina, and her daughter, Lily, we carrying their groceries into their flat. Daina was about thirty years older. She and Lily had lived there since Lily was a baby. Lily was 7. They were the best neighbors. Daina was like a mother/best friend to me and Lily was like the little sister I never had.

"Daina! Lily! How are you guys?" I said as I was getting my keys out of my bag.

"We're doing great!" Daina said with a smile, "Who's this?" she said gesturing towards Niall.

"Oh right!" I said, forgetting to introduce Niall.

"Niall, this is Daina and her daughter Lily, they're my lovely neighbors. Daina, Lily, this is my friend--" Lily cut me off and nearly screamed when she looked up from the book she was reading and saw Niall.

"I know who you are! You're in One Direction!" Lily exclaimed, dropping her book.

Niall bent down and was eye level with Lily.

"Hello Lily! I'm Niall, it's nice to meet you," he said. He held out his hand to shake but Lily just wrapped her arms around his neck in a giant hug. Niall returned the hug. It was such an adorable sight to see.

"C'mon Lily, its almost your bedtime," Diana said to her little girl who still had her arms around Niall. "I'm sure we will see Jane and Niall later on."

"Fine," Lily unwrapped her arms from Niall and gave me a squeeze around the waist. "Goodnight Janey."

"Goodnight Lily," I said to her.

"It was nice to meet you, Niall," Daina said to Niall with a smile.

"You too!" Niall said happily.

"Bye Niall!" Lily waved frantically as her mom led her into their flat.

"Good night Lily!" Niall waved back and smiled. "They are so nice!" He said to me once we were inside.

"Yeah, they are the best neighbors in the world," I said, "Lily is such a sweetheart." I took off my shoes and collapsed on my couch. Niall stood by the door.

"You can come sit down, if you'd like," I said sweetly.

"Actually, I better get going. The guys and I have a meeting early tomorrow morning. To talk about our next album and what not." he said. I stood up and walked over to him.

"Well today was so fun," I said to him, "Thanks for bringing me home, and walking me up to my flat."

"No problem, and I had fun too."

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow I guess," I smiled.

"For sure," He said, then pulled me into a hug. Like a real hug, not like the one armed, side hugs most guys give. A real, chest to chest, both arms wrapped around you- hug. It was so nice.

"Bye!" I said to him as he was walking back down the hall.

"Goodnight Jane!" he called out.

I shut my door and let out a huge breath. I smiled and did a super girly little shriek. Today was so amazing, but I seriously was so tired. I fed Lily, slipped into some pajamas and jumped into bed, and I was right about what I said earlier. As soon as my head hit my pillow, I was passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here's another chapter. If you could take the time to leave a comment or subscribe, that would help me out soooo much! Thank you! XOXO