Status: Always Active (:

I Just Want It to Be You & I Forever

Maid of Honor

I woke up the next morning and all I could do was smile. I was smiling when I drank my coffee and ate my cereal. I was smiling when I took my shower. I was smiling when I did my hair and make up, even though I burned the crap out of my neck with my curling wand. It's definitely going to leave a scar. Awesome.

I had just finished getting dressed when I heard a knock on my door. It can't be Syd, because she would just barge in. I got up and went to answer it. It was the UPS guy.

"Hello," he said. He was holding a large box in his arm. He set it down and handed me a clip board.

"Jane Lancaster?"

"That's me," I said. I was so curious to see what was in the package. I hardly ever got mail, much less huge packages. I signed the paper and he handed the box over to me. I took it inside and set it on my coffee table. I went to get some scissors and then sat on my couch in front of the box. Just when I was about to tear into the package, my phone went off. I looked to see who had texted me. My heart fluttered when I saw Niall's name on the screen. He had taken the time to put his number in my phone when I left it in his car the other night.

From: Niall
Goodmorning! Hope you slept well last night!

To: Niall
I did thanks! I slept like a baby (:


I set my phone down and turned my attention back to the package on my table. I took the scissors and tore into it. I took out a large object that was wrapped in bubble wrap. I unwrapped it. It was a giant book titled "Getting Married: Perfect Maid of Honor Edition". I was so confused for a second and then I remembered. Loraine. She must have sent me all this. Along with the book was a note from my sister.

Janey,
So I'm assuming that mom had already told you that I'm getting married. I wanted to surprise you myself, but you know how mom is about these things. Anyways, I just wanted to send you this because I'm hoping that you will be my Maid of Honor? When we were little girls, we promised to be the perfect Maid of Honor at each other's wedding. So the time has come! I am so excited, Jane. I love Ricky so much. I can't wait to marry him. We both decided we want to get married this year. So we picked the month of April. I know, its only two months away, but I think we can pull it off. Mom is taking charge, like always, but I'm not letting her take over this wedding. I'll be in touch very soon! I miss you, and I love you Janey!

Talk to you soon! XOXO, Loraine


I opened the book and looked it over. It was filled with pages and pages on how to be the perfect bridesmaid. Everything from how to throw the bachelor party to the reception speech. It was all in there. I stopped looking though the book and glanced up at the clock on the wall. It was 11:30. I thought I would get a headstart on the day and get on my way. I gathered all my things, locked up, and headed down to my car.

***

I decide to stop by a few shops on my way to work. I felt like shopping. I only had an hour or so, so I had to look through everything quickly. I walked into the shop and immediately walked over to the sale rack. I didn't like to spend too much money in cloths. I got a lot of things from thrift shops and secondhand stores. That's we're you find the most unique pieces. I looked through all of the cloths for a while. I found a few cute tops and a super amazing hoodie. When I was paying for the cloths, I had a weird feeling. I glanced through the window and I saw a group of girls staring at me from outside. They looked down when I looked at them. That's super weird I thought to myself. I walked outside and the girls had gone away. I didn't give it a second thought.

I stopped my Starbucks and picked up me and Syd some coffee. Then, I went straight to the studio. There were more people walking around outside than usual. I walked inside and Syd was waiting for me.

"Oh my god!" She yelled at me.

"Huh! What happened?! What's wrong!?" I had no idea what she was talking about until she shoved a newspaper in my face. That's when I saw it. Right there, in black and white. The headline read: Niall Horan and his New Bird. There were pictures of us from the other night, when we walked into the restaurant as well as pictures of us from yesterday at the park. I guess his disguise wasn't that good after all. There was even the photo I had taken and put on Twitter. The paper talked about Niall and his "new bird" and how they've been spotted around town.
"That's why they were staring," I said out loud.

"Who? Who was staring?" I could tell Syd was excited about all of this.

"This morning, I went to the shop over on Burkly Road, and a group of girls were staring at me through the shop window," I explained. Syd's eyes widened.

"That's so creepy!" She exclaimed.

"What should I do about this, Syd? They put my name in this!" I was kind of creeped out. It was fine when they took pictures of us going to dinner that night, because I could actually see the photographers, and I knew my picture was being taken. But yesterday, I had no idea people were watching us, and taking photos of us. Just then, I felt my phone buzz inside of my pocket. It was Niall.

From: Niall
Have you seen the paper today?

To: Niall
Sydnee just showed it to me...I didn't even know they were watching us yesterday...yikes!

From: Niall
Me either! I'm really sorry about this. I should have never taken you out like that.

To: Niall
It's okay. It's not your fault. I'm just not used to all this. Doesn't change anything though (:

From: Niall
I'm so glad to hear that!

To: Niall
Are we still on for dinner tonight?

From: Niall
Of course! (:

To: Niall
I'll text you after I finish my last class (:

From: Niall
Sounds good! See you later!


I put my phone away and put the paper in the trash. Just talking to Niall made me feel more comfortable about the situation. I tried to just focus on the classes today. We had classes at 1 o'clock, 2:30, and the last one at 4 today. It should all go by fast. Sydney gathered all of the paints and walked over to the front desk. Just then, a group of men and women, all probably in their late thirty's walked in. I signed them in and they took their seats. Sydney and I walked to the front of the studio and introduced ourselves, and the class begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm still kind of going back and forth about what I want to do for the plot. I love this story so much. I want it to be perfect for you guys. If you guys have any ideas or suggestions, I am completely open to anything. Remember to subscribe! it would mean so much! Thank you !! XOXO