Status: Requested by a friend! Enjoy~

The Office Royals

Unexpected Tendencies

When the next morning arrived, Johnny and Jimmy dressed and Jimmy took Johnny home to his house, both still asleep in their minds. Without a word, Johnny left and Jimmy drove away. Jimmy got home at 6:08a.m and went to bed at 6:09a.m.

At 1:37p.m Jimmy was awoke by the ringing of his phone, hearing Brian's ringtone. 'War Pigs' was blaring once again. Jimmy stood up and stumbled to his pants that were across the room. He picked up on the last ring, grumbling a 'hello.'

“Well, good morning, Sunshine.” Brian chirped sarcastically.
“Shh-upp.” Jimmy mumbled. “What do you want, Haner?”
“Well. Aren't you charming today?” Brian asked a rhetorical question.

Jimmy chuckled, laying back on his bed. He felt absorbed by all the cushion-y throw pillows. They lulled him back to a daze as Brian droned on about how bad Zacky burned his food and how Matt went and pretended to make out with their other friend Arin just to creep Zacky out.

“Earth to Sullivan, do you read?” Brian snapped.
“Loud a clear.” Jimmy mumbled into the speaker.
“Come over. I wanna talk to you 'bout your date.”

***
Before Jimmy could blink, he was at Brian's house, beer in hand and his bestfriend next to him. Brian kept asking questions that Jimmy tried to dodge, not wanting to tell Brian anything. He knew Brian's stance on gays. He knew his stance of everything. Hell, they talked about it all the time.

“Sullivan, come on. What are you not telling me?”
“It ain't important. It was just another date, bro.”

Except that's not what it was. It was much more than a date. It was his date. Brian kept pestering him for another hour or so before Jimmy finally made his decision.

“Brian, I went out with a guy last night.” Jimmy said.
Brian went silent, almost looking betrayed.

Jimmy stared at Brian in a tense silence, neither spoke, neither took a drink, neither even seemed to breathe. Brian got up and started pacing, his fists clenched. Anger surged through him faster and faster as Jimmy slowly stood up as well. Brian turned to Jimmy, snarling.

“Why, Jimmy?! Why!? Are you seriously going to become a hell-ridden asshole?!”
“W-What..? B-Brian, no. I-I just-”
Brian interrupted with another snarl.

“What?! You just-fucking-what?! Wanted to go against me?! Wanted to go and screw some other fucking guy? What the fuck is wrong with you? Jimmy, you're a handsome guy. You need a beautiful girlfriend! What. The. Fuck.”

Jimmy gently cried, tears dropping to the floor as Brian screamed at him. What was so bad about being gay? What was so bad about loving another man? Jimmy didn't understand.

“Fucking answer me!” Brian smacked Jimmy straight across the face, holding the taller's shirt tightly so Jimmy didn't fall back. Jimmy wailed, sobbing now. Jimmy pushed Brian off of him. Brian fell over the coffee table, hitting his head when he hit the ground. Brian looked up with blurred vision, watching Jimmy run out of the house. Jimmy sobbed as he erratically searched for the right key for his car.

Brian got up, stumbling out the door to go and swing another punch at Jimmy, but he was to slow. Jimmy reversed out of the driveway and then sped off down the street, ignoring each stop sign. Jimmy searched his phone, not even looking at the road. At this point he thought hitting something would be a blessing from the gods. He found his phone in his back pocket and hit Matt's name.

On the second ring, Matt picked up. “Hey, Jim-Jam. You alright?”
Jimmy sobbed harshly, “M-M-Mattttiiieee...”
Matt's eyes widened and he simply said, “Come over. Please.”
Jimmy hummed a 'Mhm.' and hung up.

With a bit of reckless driving and breaking more laws than should be possible in one go, Jimmy pulled up to Matt's house. Matt was standing in the driveway, impatiently waiting for Jimmy to get out of the car. Jimmy stumbled out of the car and fell into Matt's muscular arms, screaming into his chest.

Matt wrapped Jimmy up in his arms and felt his chest tense up. Matt's heart felt like it just shriveled up and died right in his ribcage. Matt picked up Jimmy by the waist and hoisted him up onto his hip, carrying him in like a mother would a child. Jimmy's lanky legs snaked around Matt's toned body.

“Alright, Jimmy.. Shhh..” Matt cooed, hushing the sobs of the man after a tedious amount of rocking and gentle and loving words. Jimmy closed his eyes, the pain of the smack still stinging. The stinging wasn't on his face, though. It was on his heart. How could someone so beautiful cause so much damage to something? To a friend? To a brother..?

“Why don't you calmly tell me what happened, Jimmy..” Matt's rough hands ran through Jimmy's messy hair. His nails gently scratched Jimmy's scalp.

“B-Brian told me to come over,” Jimmy started, trying to keep himself composed, “a-and I did. S-So when I got there, we sat down and he kept asking me about my date last night.” Jimmy paused.

Matt smiled softly. He was so excited when Brian told him he was out last night. He had secretly known Jimmy's sexuality for many years. It had been one of their biggest secrets of all time. Hell, after Jimmy told Matt he thought he might be gay, Matt got on top of him and made out with him.

That was a great day. That was one of the best days of Jimmy's life. Matt made him realize he really was gay. To this day, when no one's around, they will give each other gentle kisses just to make each other happy. To make each other fall more in love. But, they never went together. Matt had his lovely girlfriend and Jimmy had his new, and lovely boyfriend.

“A-And I kept ignoring his questions b-because.. Y-You know why.” Jimmy sadly looked up at Matt. Matt kissed his head and rubbed his back. Sadly, Matt did know why. He wished, in a way, he didn't know. He wished Brian would just accept love. He wished..he wished it was that easy.

“Finally, I-I told him.. H-He got up a-and then when I-I got up he started s-screaming at me!” Jimmy's beautiful, blue orbs starting to get gray, once again, with a deep sorrow. Matt wiped Jimmy's gray eyes, keeping him close to his chest. “H-He hates me.”

Jimmy looked up. “M-Mattie. H-He hates me. H-He hit me! H-He wanted t-to k-kill me.” Jimmy told Matt with a scared look. “I-I don't want to die. D-Don't let m-me die. Save me.”

Matt was dumbfounded. Brian? Hitting Jimmy? Matt was about to take a gun and shove it to Brian's head. Why would Brian ever? Homophobic or not, to hit your bestfriend, is to murder their soul. Matt leaned down and kissed Jimmy deeply, his kiss was aching with sympathy.

Jimmy kissed him back, wrapping his arms around the broad man's neck. No boyfriend would ever stop the kisses that him and Matt shared. No husband would either. Of course, he'd tell Johnny, but that wasn't even a thought in Jimmy's head right now.

Matt pushed Jimmy's head into the crook of his neck, letting Jimmy engulf the scent of his cologne onto his own clothing. He remembered Jimmy loved the scent of him. That's why he always wore that same scent. Jimmy relaxed slowly. Each time he closed his eyes, he'd fall into a light sleep.

When he opened his eyes third time after his light sleep, Matt's house was dark. Jimmy reached for his phone and opened it. 9:21p.m. was the time. Jimmy sighed, looking at Matt's body, not being able to tell if he was awake or asleep. Jimmy put his phone back down and laid next to the large body that he could barely even see, but he could recognize always.

Jimmy knew he wouldn't miss anything, but he didn't want to sleep. He was afraid if he closed his eyes, Matt would be dead and so would he. Jimmy didn't want Matt to be killed. He didn't want Johnny to be killed. He didn't want to be killed. He wasn't sure if Brian would stoop that low, although.

He didn't want to think about it anymore. He scooted close to Matt and hummed. Everything seemed like a big mistake today.. But this wasn't. This was right.