Status: Active, new

When We Collide

Wow

“You’re fucking with me, there’s no way…” My eyes widened.

“I swear that’s him. I saw his whole crew playing volleyball.” Taylor pointed to the volleyball net.

“If that’s really him, which I still don’t know if it really is, that’d be embarrassing, I’m playing his music.” I hit my hand on my forehead. “Like that’s literally so embarrassing.” I shook my head. “That was awful timing.”

Taylor pulled me up and linked our arms. “Let’s go take a walk…this way.”

“Oh my god, you’re such a stalker!” I playfully shoved her and walked towards the volleyball net. I saw the guy who grabbed the ball from me, and as soon as he turned around I almost fell to my feet.

“Oh my god…that is Jake Miller.” My legs suddenly felt like they were made of jelly. “I-I…wow.”

“I know, I TOLD YOU IT WAS JAKE MILLER!” Taylor was extremely excited because she basically screamed that last part and I glared at her.

“Dude, keep it down.”

“Did I hear my name?”

Taylor and I turned around and Jake was standing in front of us holding the volleyball.

I looked at Taylor, then at my feet in the sand, then back up at Jake. “Um…” I literally forgot how to talk for that moment.

“Oh, you’re the girl who I almost took out with the volleyball. My bad. I did hear you listening to my music though, that’s cool.”

I smiled, feeling my cheeks get warm. “Yeah…we’re huge fans. I actually met you once a few years ago in Chicago.”

Jake took his sunglasses off and threw the volleyball back to the guys. “Play without me,” he shouted. He turned back to face us, smiling big. “Well it’s nice to formally meet you…” He outstretched his hand.

“Oh, I’m Heather. And this is Taylor.” He shook my hand, then Taylor’s. “I don’t wanna keep your from your game of volleyball.” My eyes wandered to his friends playing behind us.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m meeting some awesome fans so it’s worth it.”

I grinned. “It’s awesome to meet you again.”

Jake’s eyes lit up and he smiled big. “It’s nice to meet you again and this time not be rushed. Hey, be right back.” He ran over to his stuff for whatever reason and I turned to look at Taylor.

“What are the fucking odds?” I saw Jake walking back to us carrying a little piece of paper.

“Give me a text later, let’s do something.” He gave me the paper, and I clenched my right hand into a fist.

“Do you ask all your fans to hang out?” I giggled and brushed hair out of my face.

“Not exactly, no. But you’re cool.”

I smiled. “Well thanks. I’ll text ya later.” Taylor and I started to walk away when Jake spoke again.

“You’re cute too. Talk to you later.” He ran back to the volleyball net.

“Wait…did I hear that correctly?” I raised an eyebrow and looked at Taylor.

“Jake Miller thinks you’re cool and cute. You heard right.” Taylor grinned huge.