Status: Do you dare learn the Truth?

Take a Bite

Introduction

I’ve never really done one of these… an allegory they may call it, an account perhaps? Maybe they will call it a lie, and really? I don’t care. The reason I am doing this is because I know I need to get my experience out there, that’s all. Do I want people to believe me? Yeah, I guess I do. Do they have to? Contrary to popular belief, no, they do not have to.

I suppose I should start with a little background. My name is Amelia Gilbert; I am sixteen years old and a junior in high school. My life is ordinary… correction: was ordinary. I went to church irregularly, much to the disappointment of my parents, and to my pleasure. I hung out with my friends, ate pizza and had movie nights on Fridays, went out on disastrous dates with boys that made me stutter. Everything was great! And just when I thought my life couldn’t be any more of a cliché something had to come around and turn my life upside down.

Now let me go ahead and say that for most of my life I did not sway one way or another in the politic of religion. Sure, I believed in God, but I wasn’t terribly religious and I did not go about condemning people who did not believe the same that I did. Personally, I find that to be one of the most ignorant things a human can do; now I feel even more strongly about this due to the recent events I will soon be divulging to you fine people.

As previously stated, I do want people to believe what I am about to say, but I really do not care if anyone believes me, and really, I’ll probably get banished from my home, but if there is one thing I believe in, it is in telling the truth, at least when knowledge is involved, and let’s be real: most people cannot handle the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some people tell me stories, wasting all my time
Some trying just receiving someone else's lies
-Midnight Oil