Drowning in the Waves.

001.

"Thanks for helping me move man," Matt picked up a heavy cardboard box and lifted it onto his shoulder.
"Yeah dude, you're welcome, but next time I'm not moving your fucking weights. I wasted like gallons of gas lugging that shit here."
"You drove ten minutes Bri," Matt laugh and reached into his pocket to pull out his keys. The brand new keys to his brand new home. It wasn't an apartment or consigned by anyone but himself, it was his to call his own. The neighborhood was quiet, extremely conservative, and wealthy. It wasn't really Matt's style, he would hit this neighborhood like a hurricane, but it was the only place in his price range. It was beautiful though. The backyard was massive with a rock formation pool and a jacuzzi to match. The dark marble flooring rolled into spiraling stair cases up to the second floor and the kitchen was completely stainless steel. He envisioned how it would look the moment the realtor gave him a tour. His master bedroom had a balcony that hung over the pool, that Jimmy would surely try to jump off of, and there was a massive room downstairs that was going to become his home gym. It was a dance studio before, the realtor said, so mirrors hung against all four walls making it perfect for him. "I'll take it," he smiled as he looked at himself in the mirror, his expression was genuine for the first time in years.
"I gotta run, Matt. Michelle is bitching," Brian picked his keys off the table and headed for the door. "I'm proud of you dude, you're finally doing what you want." With that, Brian ran out to his black Mercedes and sped off. Matt took a look around his empty home, Brian was right. For the first time in years, since he ended his long term relationship with Valarie, he was finally making himself happy instead of everyone else. He stopped thinking and remembered that he had a load of boxes still on the bed of his truck.
The weather was warm and slicked with salt. The beach wasn't far, not as close as Zack's house which was practically on Main St. but close enough that he wouldn't break a sweat if he walked. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the street was completely quiet as Matt pulled a box labeled fragile from the back. Suddenly, the loud roar of the garage door rumbled from the house next door. The house was massive, almost a half lot bigger than his with white paint and Spanish tiles everywhere. "Ready babe?" He heard a soft voice coo. His eyes were almost instantly attracted to the woman that pushed a strolled from the garage, down the long driveway. Her long black hair was pulled back and black and blue lulu running shorts adorned her long, lean legs. Her arms were toned, she obviously wasn't just a cardio bunny, she must lift too, he thought. The little girl in the strolled had extremely curly blonde hair and dimples that were reminiscent of his own.
"Damn," He whispered to himself as he watched her take off running, her black Free Runs hitting the concrete like her life depended on it. Matt shook it off, "Must be hers," he lifted the box and took it into his home.
Everything was being put into place slowly and his recycling was being almost filled to the top with cardboard. Pictures were up, awards were placed on shelves and his flat screen was finally mounted on the wall.
Matt didn't know what to do with himself. He never had his own place before, he found it almost lonely.
Valarie had been his girlfriend since forever, all through out high school, and when he graduated he moved in with her right away. Their shitty apartment in Costa Mesa was run down and the rent was surprisingly high for the area, especially being Section B housing. He was never really alone. When he was on tour, he was with the guys, and when he was home, he was with Val. Matt couldn't even remember the last time he even had real alone time to just be with himself.
He set up his xbox and put a pot of spaghetti-o's on the stove. That's when he heard a garage door open again and a light flip on next door.
Matt jumped up, it was that girl again. He shuffled into the kitchen, the window just above his stove faced the side of her home. He grabbed a spoon and stirred, pretending to act busy as a he watched her grabbed a water from the fridge. Two headlights pulled up into the drive way and an older man stepped out. He had salt and pepper hair and wore a nicely fitting navy suit.
She likes 'em old? he questioned to himself. She didn't welcome him with a kiss or even a hug as he watched her through the window. He scooped up the little girl in his arms and handed the brunette woman a check. "Nanny," he said allowed and followed her through the window. He stumbled his way back into the living room and watched as she got into an older Honda Civic.
Matt sat back, this is what his life had come to. He felt like a lonely housewife that watches all the drama go on in her neighborhood just to fill the void of her absent husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
I nanny for a family over in Newport Coast so that's what sparked this idea. Also, I was at the park with the kid I watch and typed this out on my phone that's why it's shitty. Anyways, sorry it's so short.