A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 11- Bookstore

“Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never ever fade away..” I sung as I went down the stairs.

The whole day at the beach was really, really nice and really fun. Bartra never talked to me all day and didn’t even ride with Uncle Xavi and me on the way home. I continued singing the song that stuck in my head because those were Villa’s kids were singing. I passed by Uncle Xavi, who was watching TV and headed to the kitchen.

“Can’t sleep, nena?” he asked.
“Yeah, nights like this happen.” I answered miserably as I drank a glass of milk and then toss the carton into the garbage can.
“I’m glad you opted to stay with me, Xandi, but does your dad know?” Uncle Xavi asked as I sat beside him.
“He actually loved the idea and handed me two credit cards.” I said and he rolled his eyes and held my hand.
“Are you OK with that?” he checked.
“I got used to it.” I said and shrugged.
“Oh, well, I’m here for you always.” he said and hugged me. “Just don’t get married too young, OK?” he asked and I chuckled.
“And to whom will I get married at this age?” I pointed out.
“Well, you’ll never know. I mean, you’re beautiful and smart. I swear if you weren’t my niece and Busquets runs into you, he’d hit on you and so does half of the team. Heck, even Bartra kissed you.” Uncle Xavi said and took out his phone to show me the video.
“Oh no, we’re not doing this, Uncle Xavi.” I said and he laughed.
“I got to go and get some sleep.” he said, standing up and kissed me on the forehead. “Not too late, nena.” he said and went on his way as I grabbed open a magazine and read.

The next morning, Uncle Xavi and I had breakfast and he left for training telling me that he would not be home for lunch and if I wanted to, I can go out and go shopping, using his other car, after all, tomorrow is my first day of school. I decided to go give it a try and of course, to spend a lot using the credit cards that my Hollywood dad gave me.

“What are you trying to reach?” a guy’s voice startled me and I almost fell off the footstool, but he caught me.
“Sorry, didn’t mean to startle you.” he said and I opened my eyes to Bartra’s face a few inches from mine.
“What are you doing here?” I asked as I stand still.
“Shopping for school supplies and you?” he asked.
“Trying to reach for that book.” I said as he chuckled and reached for the book, without much effort.
“You’re reading this?” he asked.
“What’s wrong with reading a chic lit book?” I asked as I pulled it away from him.
“Nothing.” he said. “I thought you are one of the boys.” he added.
“Well, you don’t strike me as a school boy either.” I said and he smiled.
“I ran out of pens and paper and I need them.” he said.
“I need those too.” I said.
“So, why don’t you two get it together? My girl is on her way to the restaurant and I don’t like making girls wait, so I have to go. I assume you can go home by yourself, Bartra.” Fontas said and went out after kissing me on the cheek.
“So, would you mind if we get pens and papers together?” Bartra asked.
“You’re so proper, Bartra.” I said as he rolled his eyes. “Come on.” I added and we both spent the next two hours buying some school supplies. It wouldn’t have taken that long but girls would spot him and ask for pictures or autographs.