A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 13- Unexpected

“Oohh, stop it, Bartra! Stop. My pants are going to be wet!” I called out in between my breath-catching as I collapsed on the floor.
“No, not yet! Come on, Aly one last time.” Bartra begged as he held my hand and helped me stand up.
“No, no, stop! Shit, Bartra.” I called out and the door opened.

“Oh damn! I thought Bartra was getting some from Aly.” Fontas said as we both looked daggers at him.
“What? It’s not my fault you two sounded like..” Fontas began to say anything but thought better of it.
“Well, this is the roommate I have been telling you about, Aly.” Bartra said as we both came in.
“Sit down, Aly.” Fontas said and turned off the TV and I sat down.
“So, your first day at school tomorrow, huh?” he asked casually as Bartra placed his paper bag of school supplies on a table.
“Yeah.” I said and he smiled.
“What else did you two do today?” Fontas asked.
“I didn’t realize you’re Bartra’s father, Andreu.” I said and the two of them laughed.
“Shit, what time is it?” I asked.
“It’s 5.” Bartra said.
“I have to go, I still have to cook dinner.” I said, standing up.
“You mean you’re tolerating Xavi’s laziness?” Fontas asked and I chuckled.
“You haven’t tasted the food that Aly cooked, Dreu. Believe me, it knocked me off my boxers.” Bartra said.
“Ohh, now he’s talking dirty.” Fontas said and Bartra shut his mouth as I chuckled.
“I’ll drive you home.” Bartra said and I smiled.
“No, it’s ok, Marc, I’m the one who has the car, remember?” I asked and he smiled.
“Look at you two smiling at each other. Did I miss something?” Fontas asked.
“Yes, a lot, Andreu.” I said and I stood up and Bartra and I smiled at each other.
“Oh..alright, alright, I’ll leave you two.” Fontas said. “Oi, Bartra, don’t forget you have an English paper to submit tomorrow.”

Bartra and I ignored Fontas and walked out of the flat that they shared. He opened the door for me and I sat on the driver’s seat and he closed it. I was starting the engine when he knocked on the window, I rolled it down and he bent, leaning down to face me.

“Are you sure you don’t want to eat dinner with Fontas and me?” he asked and I smiled.
“Maybe next time.” I said and he smiled.
“Alright, ring me when you arrive home so I know you arrived safely.” Bartra said and I rolled my eyes.
“Sure, dad.” I answered teasingly and he chuckled as I rolled the windows up.

I backed out and began to drive. As I looked at the rearview mirror, I saw Marc standing, looking at the car that I was driving. I smiled as I recalled how easy was it to talk and laugh with him. And I realized something. I stopped the car, got out of it and ran towards him. He met me halfway.

“Forgot something?” he asked and I smiled.
“Actually, yes.” I said. “I had fun today.” I added and he nodded with a smile and I turned my back.
“Aly.” he called out and I faced him, only to find his lips crashed into mine.
“I meant to say thank you for this day, Bartra!” I said, trying to feel OK, but honestly, I was light headed.