A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 17- Stolen Kisses

“Sergi, can I borrow your Math homework?” I asked Roberto, who was busy playing FIFA with Bartra.
“What are you going to do, copy?” he asked as Bartra rolled his eyes.
“No, I’ll just check my answers.” I said and Roberto snorted and smiled.
“Fine.” he said. “Why is it so hard to say no to you, Aly?” he asked.
“You know you’re the first time to actually tell me that, I mean even my dad says no to me.” I said.
“He doesn’t know how special you are.” Sergi said and Bartra nodded.
“You know if you continue praising me, Roberto, I’d probably fall in love with you.” I teased and smiled and Bartra walked out.
“What’s wrong with him?” I asked Roberto, who rolled his eyes.
“Isn’t it obvious?” Roberto asked. “And no offense but, my girl and I just got back together.” he added and I smiled.
“Thanks, Sergi. I owe you my life.” I said and he smiled as I pulled his Math homework.
“I’d better go and get our takeout, you and Bartra talk and copy my homework.” Roberto said and went out.

I placed Roberto’s homework in my book and went to Bartra’s and Fontas’ room. I opened the door and found him on his bed, as soon as I entered the room, I felt my stomach tightened into a knot and he turned his back against me, facing the wall. I sat on his bed.

“What’s with the walkout, Bar--?”

I never finished my question, because he faced me, pulled me closer and kissed me again. Somehow, I found myself kissing back. His hand was twisting my hair while the other was resting on my back. He rolled and I found myself under him. None of us showed signs of stopping. I closed my eyes, enjoying the moment, feeling his soft lips on mine and his hands move and explored. I pushed him away and he collapsed on the other side of the bed. He looked at me as I got out of bed and out the room.

“Uncle Xavi.” I greeted breathlessly and sat on the couch, grabbing one throw pillow.
“Are you OK?” he asked.
“Of course I am.” I answered. By the way, Bartra and I made out on his bed. I thought to myself.
“How’s everything?” he asked.
“Doing fine.” I said. Ugh, I feel bad at lying to Uncle Xavi.
“Have you eaten your lunch?” he asked.
“Not yet, uhm, Sergi is getting our lunch.” I said.
“Alright, then, I’ll call you back later after 4?” he asked.
“Uhm, by the way, I earned a detention, but nothing major, so I might come home late.” I said.
“Detention? Why?” he asked.
“Can we talk later? Don’t worry, OK? Just focus on the game, win it, come back home and please get me Silva’s jersey.”
“Don’t tell me you have a crush on Silva.” he teased.
“We’ll talk about my love life when you come back.” I said.
“I’m excited. I love you, nena. Bye.” he said and ended the call just as Bartra sat on the other couch.

“We need to talk.” Bartra said.
“Talk.” I said. Just as he opened his mouth, the door opened.
“LUNCH TIME!”Sergi called out.