A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 21- Babysitting Aly

“Now, I see why your Uncle Xavi has added another hour of workout in his schedule.” Bojan said.
“What do you mean?” I asked Bojan as I drank my juice.
“You are an excellent cook.” Bojan said. “Your future boyfriend would be so lucky to have you.” he added.
“Right.” I said sarcastically and laughed out.

After breakfast, I demanded to do the dishes while Bojan watch TV or read something. When I was done, I saw him sitting on the couch, not paying any attention at all at a rerun of The OC on the TV. He looked sad or something. Scared to ask, I just sat beside him and squeezed his shoulder.

“My girlfriend..she, uh..broke up with me.” Bojan said.
“What?” I asked and then shook my head and hugged him.

“I’m sorry, Aly. I shouldn’t be..” he began, breaking the silence.
“Why are you apologizing to me?” I asked him.
“Come on, I promised you that we’ll have fun. Go get dressed, let’s go out.” he said.
“No, we’re not going out.” I said.
“Why not?” he asked.
“If it makes you happy, then.” I said and he chuckled.
“Don’t worry about me, Aly. I’m here to take care of you.” Bojan said.
“Alright, but you know..” I began and he chuckled.
“You have too much of your Uncle with you. Always such a worrier.”Bojan said and we laughed out.

“Where are we going?” I asked him.
“There’s this fair an hour from here, let’s go and explore.” he said and I smiled.

Bojan and I went out of his car after he parked it and went sightseeing on the fair. There were families and tourists enjoying the fair. Bojan and I were having the time of our lives talking, laughing and enjoying the fair. I sat on the grass, waiting for him as he went to get us some cotton candy.

“Aly? I need your help with French and that paper we need to do..” Bartra began as soon as I answered the phone.
“How’s 3?” I asked as Bojan sat beside me.
“3’s fine, oh and bring along your Physics.” he said.
“Aren’t you Mister Studious?” I teased and he chuckled.
“Don’t be late.” he said and ended the call.

“A date?”Bojan asked me as I took the cotton candy for me.
“Please, just because I agreed to be Bartra’s partner in this French paper, it doesn’t mean we’re dating.” I said.
“Oh, please, the way you two looked at each other, last night? Think I am blind?” he asked teasingly.
“Why is everyone insisting about Bartra and me?” I asked and he smiled.
“You like him too, don’t you? Come on, don’t be shy. I’m not telling anyone.” Bojan said and didn’t stop there until we reached home.