A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 22- A Kiss Interrupted

“Fine, I like him.” I finally conceded as Bojan laughed out loud and hugged me.
“You know it’s really, really nice having a sister. How come I didn’t have one?” he asked and then chuckled.
“Are you sure you’re going to be OK?” I asked.
“With you and Bartra? Hey, who am I to deny you of your happiness?” he asked teasingly.
“You know what I mean.” I firmly said and he held my hand.
“Aly, don’t worry about me.” Bojan said and hugged me again.
“You know what? I’m adopting you as my brother.” I announced and he smiled.
“I’m sure Xavi will like the sound of that.” Bojan said sarcastically and we laughed.
“Now go.” Bojan said as I kissed him on the cheek.
“You know, you’ll find someone who’s worth everything, Bo. And when that time comes, I hope..” I began.
“Ssh, I know. Of course you’ll be the first to know.” he said and smiled.

“Hi.” Bartra said as he opened the door. “Come on in.” he added and grabbed my books from me.
“Is Fontas here?” I checked.
“No, he and his girlfriend are spending the weekend together.” he answered. “Why?” he asked.
“Nothing.” I said and he smiled.
“Don’t worry, no one will walk in on us in case we decide to do something else.” Bartra said.
“Very funny.” I said, rolling my eyes.
“Let’s start with Physics.” he said and I groaned.

Bartra whizzed through the motion of projectiles while I found myself looking at him. Those eyes, the long eyelashes and those eyebrows and then my eyes fell into his lips. Immediately, I thought about how warm his lips were when it touched mine. I began to think about how he kissed me on the beach for the first time and how thankful I am that as a joke, Carles sent me a copy of that in my phone. I smiled.

“Aly, are you listening to me?” Bartra asked, snapping me back to reality.
“Uh, yes?” I answered.
“You’re not. You’re looking at me like…” he said and then paused. “Alright, never mind. Aly, why don’t you answer these problems later and then tomorrow, I’m going to check it?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks for helping me study Physics and for dinner.” I said as we stood outside on the porch.
“And thanks for the tips on French.” he said as I nodded.
“You better answer the problems I gave you.” he said.
“Yes, sir.” I answered and he chuckled.
“I promise I’ll answer the stuff that you gave me too.” Bartra said.
“Good night.” I said and he smiled.
“Night, Aly, see you tomorrow.” Bartra said and then leaned down to kiss me.

We heard a cough. Bartra broke away, nodded at Bojan, gave me a last look and went on his way. Bojan teased me, once we were inside the house.