A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 23- More Stupid Questions

Every one of us watched the friendly game of the Spanish National Team at our living room. Bojan was still a little sad but he seemed to be doing OK, but it doesn’t mean he stopped teasing me and Bartra, because he does and does it every five minutes when we’re alone inside the house.

“So, apart from your uncle, who is your favorite NT player?” Bojan asked me and every single team B guy who went to watch the game with us looked at me. Bartra handed me a slice of pizza.
“I like all of them.” I said.
“Choose one.” Roberto prodded as Bojan grabbed the slice of pizza that Bartra just handed me.
“Silva.” I answered and they nodded.
“How about your favorite Barcelona player?” Muniesa asked teasingly as Fontas looked at Bartra.
“Come to me with a harder one next time. Of course my favorite Barcelona player is BOJAN.” I answered and Bojan smiled.
“Aww, Aly!”Bojan said as Roberto rolled his eyes.
“How about your crush?” Thiago asked and this time, everyone leaned in to hear me.
“What is this? A Barca Inquisition?” I demanded and they all sniggered.
“Come on, answer it.” Fontas said.
“It’s for me to know, and for all of you to find out.” I answered.
“Oh come on!” Jonathan said and everyone groaned.
“It’s for Aly and me to know, by the way.” Roberto said.
“No way. It’s for Aly, me and Roberto to know.” Bojan said and I shrugged.

Spain won. Everyone was happy and Uncle Xavi had called to tell me that they are coming home. Everyone was also on their way home.

“Thanks for the help with the History thing, Aly.” Muniesa said and smiled.
“See you tomorrow.” I said.
“Hey, Aly, can I talk to you?” Bartra asked and Muniesa rolled his eyes.
“I get it.” Muniesa said and left as Bartra and I stood alone.

“There’s something I need to ask you.” Bartra said.
“Ask away.” I answered, trying not to smile and knowing what he is going to ask me.
“When you said you have a crush and Bojan and Sergi said they know..” he began and I smirked.
“Yes, they know who.” I said and he took a step forward, leaving an inch between us.
“Aly..I was wondering if you’d like to come with me to the school dance on Thursday night?” Bartra asked and I smiled.
“Any more stupid questions, Bartra?” I asked him and he smiled.
“Does that mean it’s a yes?” Bartra asked.
“Yes.” I answered.
“Sweet dreams, Aly.” Bartra said and leaned down to kiss me but a pair of headlights focused on us.
“Come on, Bartra! I still need to study you know.” Fontas called out, beeping the horn of his car.

I jumped as Bartra laughed and kissed me on the cheek. I walked back towards the house and found Bojan smiling teasingly at me.