A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 28- Xavi Inquisition

“I hear Bartra is your date.” Busquets said and I nodded.
“So, what happened?” he asked and I looked away.
“Did he try to do something to you?” he demanded.
“He didn’t.” I said.
“Are you sure?” he asked.
“I’m sure. Look, I just want to forget this night, or maybe some parts of it anyways.” I said and he nodded.
“Yeah, tell me about it.” he said.
“Bad date?” I checked and he chuckled.
“Well, I guess it happens to everyone.” I said and he nodded.
“That, I could assure you.” he agreed.

Busquets and I talked and played FIFA, he was having the time of his life winning against me on this game. He offered to drive me home and delivered me at Uncle Xavi’s doorstep.

“I’m sorry for whatever happened to you at the dance, nena.” Busquets said.
“I’m not.” I said. “I had fun with you.” I added and he smiled.
“Always remember what I told you before, OK?” he asked.
“Thank you.” I said and he smiled and kissed me on the cheek and left as I opened the door.

Uncle Xavi was already asleep in his room, I guess so I didn’t bother to wake him up. I took a bath, to get rid of the hairspray and the makeup on me and went to my bed to sleep. Thankfully, I was too tired and too full so I fell asleep easily.

“Xandi? Xandi? Wake up, let’s have breakfast. You can just go back to sleep after.” Uncle Xavi said.
“Coming.” I answered and rolled over only to fall on the floor with a thud.
“Ay mierda.” I called out and Uncle Xavi opened the door.
“Are you OK?” Uncle Xavi asked.
“Yes, Uncle Xavi. It’s just the floor.” I answered and he chuckled.

“So, did you enjoy the dance last night?” Uncle Xavi asked.
“Yes.” I answered, again, feeling bad for lying but uneasy to talk about it.
“How come you ended up with Busquets when you’re date was Bartra?” he asked as he took a sip of coffee.
“I left him at school.” I answered and he looked at me.
“Why?” he asked.
“I just don’t feel like being at a dance at all.” I said.
“I have training, but let’s have lunch together. I have the afternoon off, you and I are going to go out and have fun, how’s that?” he asked with a smile as I set down my juice.
“Perfect.” I answered and he chuckled.
“Well, I got to go. I’ll call you to give you a heads up.” Uncle Xavi said as he leaned down to kiss me on the cheek and left.

My phone rang. Bartra. I ignored the call and ended up cleaning the house, to keep my mind off things.