A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 30- Aly's First Match

I stepped into Camp Nou and found myself holding my breath. People were wearing the Barcelona colors and excitedly greeting each other, as though they know one another. I was wearing Bojan’s jersey to support him.

“Oooh, nena, it’s you!! And you’re not wearing MY jersey?” Pique greeted as I bumped into him, while I was walking from the ladies’ room and immediately, he hugged me.
“I’d wear it if I have one.” I teased as he kissed me on the cheek.
“Tomorrow you’ll have one.” he said.
“Look who’s here!!!” Pique shouted as he pulled me into the locker room and everyone looked at me.
“Aly!” they called out like I was an old friend.
“How come you’re wearing a Bojan and not mine?” Uncle Xavi complained teasingly as I kissed him on the cheek.
“I’ll wear yours next time.” I said and Uncle Xavi smiled.

“I need to show you something, Aly.” Bojan said as he pulled me and opened his locker and handed me an envelope.
“What’s this?” I asked him, aware that some players are looking at us.
“You’ll see.” Bojan said and smiled at me.
“Xandi, I think it’s time you go and sit.” Uncle Xavi said and I nodded.
“Good luck, guys!” I called out and they nodded.
“You know where you’re going to sit, Aly?” Puyol asked.
“Not yet, as soon as I arrived, I came to the ladies.” I said and Puyol smiled.
“Someone should take her to her seat.” Pique suggested. “And Bartra would be a perfect choice.” Pique said as he pushed Bartra towards me.
“Pique, I really hope you hurt your head later.” I said, narrowing my eyes at him. He giggled.

There was a large space between Bartra and me as we both walked towards my seat. I sat down. He looked at me and remained standing there for a minute.

“You know you can’t ignore me forever, Aly.” Bartra said.
“Watch me, Bartra.” I said.

For the next 95 minutes, I found myself cheering and clapping harder as Barca won the game. I remained seated there for awhile, up until there was no one else but the people who were cleaning and the guards.

“Wonderful goal, Bojan!” I called out as he and Uncle Xavi met me.
“I demand you come into every home game, Aly.” Bojan said and I smiled.
“And I know that’s a yes.” he said and kissed me on the cheek. “I’ll see you later.” he called out and waved.

“Ready to go home?” Uncle Xavi asked me.
“Of course.” I answered.
“Bartra’s parents are coming over for the night and when they do, they usually invite all of us who are available to come and eat with them at Bartra’s and Fontas’ flat. So, let’s go.” Uncle Xavi said.