A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 33- A Xavi Lovin'

(ALY’s POV)

“Nena, I am kidnapping you next week. You better be ready.” Pique said as Uncle Xavi smiled.
“Just so you know I am powered by caffeine, sugar and lack of sleep so whatever injury you will get from me next week, I will not be held responsible for it.” I said and everyone chuckled.
“We’ll see you when we do, nena.” Bojan said and kissed me on the cheek.
“Let’s go, it’s getting late.” Uncle Xavi said and Bartra opened the door for me.

Pique and Bojan began teasing us, Busquets smirked, Villa touched his hair but smiled cheekily as Uncle Xavi rolled his eyes. Roberto, Muniesa and Fontas were looking at me, waiting for my reaction. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. He knocked on the window, I didn’t want to roll it down, but Uncle Xavi did.

“What?” I demanded.
“Good night, Aly.” Bartra said sweetly as he looked into my eyes. I rolled my eyes and ignored him.
“Xandi..” Uncle Xavi called out warningly and I looked at him.
“Can we go, please?” I begged Uncle Xavi, painting my begging face. He sighed and shook his head.
“Well, we’ll see you, Bartra.” Uncle Xavi said and rolled the windows up and we went ahead. It was only 9 PM.

Uncle Xavi didn’t say anything up until we arrived into the house. He got ready for bed and so did I. I turned off the lights, praying that I could fall asleep soon. I rolled to the next side and checked my phone. 11PM. Still no sleep. Pissed, I got out of bed, snuck into the kitchen, drank some water and then sat on the couch.

“Can’t sleep?” Uncle Xavi asked as he joined me on the couch.
“Yeah.” I answered.
“Fontas told us what happened at the dance.” Uncle Xavi said and my eyes widened.
“He did?” I asked and he nodded.
“And I figured about the things you told me. The guy you liked at school…that was Bartra, wasn’t it?” he asked. I sighed.
“Yes.” I answered in a small voice. Uncle Xavi chuckled.
“Oh, nena…did Bartra tell you what really happened?” he asked.
“After what he did? No way in hell will I listen to him.” I said and Uncle Xavi pulled me closer, letting me lie down in his lap.
“You know, I know Bartra ever since he played for the youth team and I know he’s a great guy…” Uncle Xavi began.
“Please, let’s not do--.” I said but Uncle Xavi caressed my hair and hushed me.
“Nena, this is me talking to you. I’m your uncle.” he insisted and I looked at him with defeat on my face as he began the lecture.

“Uncle Xavi, why are you single? You’re so..so..” I began but Uncle Xavi laughed.
“Don’t worry about me, nena. I’m sure someone is out there for me.” he said.
“Then for me too.” I said.
“So stubborn. That’s us.” he said. “But you, you’ve got Bartra now. Don’t let him get away, nena. I don’t want you to regret.”

“And, uhm, there’s a gala night next week. The NT team are coming, both us and the younger ones. You should come.”
“With you.” I said and he smiled.
“OK, you win this one again.” he said.