A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 35- Hot Air Balloon

“Nena, are you here?” Bojan called out, while I put on my flats.
“Just come in, Bo. I’m almost done.” I called out as I applied lip gloss and grabbed a small purse that Malena gave me last week.

I checked myself in the mirror before finally going out and saw Bojan sitting on the couch, humming to himself. He looked up and smiled at me.

“So?” I asked looking down at my outfit. “This, OK?” I asked him. He stood up and circled around me then chuckled.
“Very casual.” he said. I looked at him.
“Where are we going?” I asked as I laced my arm into his elbow.
“Just trust me on this one.” Bojan said with a smile and then we headed out, after making sure everything was locked and secure.

The weather was sunny, as usual. I was wearing a black tank top, a pair of white shorts and flats. Bojan drove as I tinkered with his stereo. He giggled when I accidentally pushed a button that caused Justin Bieber’s “Baby.” I tried changing the music, but he waved away my hand.

“Why do I have the feeling that I won’t like this?” I asked Bojan as I placed my hand on his shoulder.
“You will thank me after this, nena.” Bojan answered. “Although, you might get mad a little bit..” he added teasingly.
“Mad? Why would I be mad at my brother?” I demanded and he chuckled and we continued to walk.

“How’s your relationship with heights?” Bojan checked.
“Is that supposed to insult me?” I asked, knowing that I stopped checking my height because I’m not that tall.
“You know I am not that tall either, but that doesn’t stop US from being awesome.” Bojan answered and we both smiled.
“What I mean is, are you afraid of heights?” he asked.
“No.” I answered.
“That’s perfect.” Bojan said and we both stopped.

I looked around and found hot air balloons everywhere, some were already up in the sky, some were still being filled with people. Bojan took my hand and helped me into one hot air balloon.

“Thanks.” I said and Bojan smiled. “What about you?” I asked as I realized that he didn’t come in the hot air balloon.
“Oh no, thanks.” Bojan said.
“What? So you’re leaving me here? Bojan..” I demanded.
“No, of course I won’t leave you alone.” Bojan said.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Bartra said as he appeared. I glared at Bojan.
“Bojan, you sneaky..little..I thought you were my brother!” I called out. Bojan smiled.
“Yes, I am sneaky and little. As your brother, I want you to be happy. So, I hope you and Bartra enjoy.” Bojan said and left.
“Bojan! I’m going to get your little culita for this!” I called out and he laughed.
“You know where I live, sis.” were the only words that Bojan said and hurriedly went back to his car.
“Ready?” the guy in charge of the hot air balloon asked.