A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 36- Reconciliation

I threw a murderous glare at Bartra and stood as far away as possible. The hot air balloon, as what the guy said will show us around Barcelona. I looked down and found the view very breathtaking, I almost forgot I’m not supposed to enjoy this one because of Bartra.

“Aly, will you please listen to me?” Bartra asked as I jumped and looked at him, my smiled faded.
“Bartra, don’t ruin this for me. I don’t want to talk to you, let alone listen to you.” I said and moved to the other part.
“No, wait, come on, Aly.” Bartra said, now holding me by the waist, while I was leaning down.
“Would you get your hands off me?” I asked.
“Promise me you’re going to hear me out after this?” Bartra asked, sounding desperate.
“Are you really that desperate?” I asked Bartra, looking at him.
“If you call accepting Bojan’s help so I could talk to you, then yes, I am desperate.” Bartra said.

And because we were both a few inches apart with him leaning down on me and me, looking up at him, he seized the moment to kiss me. I was expecting to push him away, like any other betrayed and broken-hearted girl would do, but instead, I surprised myself by kissing him back.

“You always have the knack to kiss me at the most unexpected times, don’t you?” I asked him as I pushed him away.
“So you won’t dodge or push me away.” he explained. “So, are you going to listen to me?” he asked.
“If you let me enjoy the view, maybe I will.” I said. “Later.” I added.

After another hour of being flown all over Barcelona, Bartra and I found ourselves back at the ground. The two of us walked, side by side and then got into his car.

“Aly, what did you think happened that night?” Bartra asked.
“Well, you asked me to the dance and let me make a fool out of myself. And for the record, I felt like crap and my feet hurt from those heels.” I said.
“I was talking to my cousin that night, Aly.” he said.
“Oh please, stop using your cousin as a reason.” I said.
“Look, Ina, my cousin found out she’s pregnant. She’s only 17, her boyfriend left her. I told her she has to keep the baby and I’m willing to help her. Mama and Papa are going to help her too..” Bartra said. He stopped the car but none of us made any move to go out.
“But I heard you say something about how you still love her.” I said and he looked at me.
“I was right. It was you.” Bartra said.
“I didn’t mean to.” I said and he held my hand. “And the next day, at the restaurant..you were with your girlfriend..” I added.
“Aly, yes, that was my EX-girlfriend. Our breakup was bad, in fact, it was just through a text and I could perfectly remember you were there.” he said.
“Yes at the club.” I said.
“I had to meet up with her and talk to her. The two of us needed to talk and settle things. She wanted me back, but I told her it was too late, that I have someone more special.” he said.
“I’m sorry for not giving you a chance to explain to me. It’s just that, I let my guard down too low, I felt like crap, I got hurt and so, I got mad at you.” I said. He smiled and an understanding passed, we both got out of the car and into the restaurant.