A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 4- Cornered

After that, Uncle Xavi introduced me to everyone else, including Pep Guardiola and then they left to change, while I stood there, waiting. I again took out my camera and took a few shots of the place.

“Hey, we’re going out for lunch, do you want to join us?” Andreu Fontas asked me.
“Not now, Fontas.” Uncle Xavi said warningly.
“We’ll call you.” Bartra butted in and took out his phone. “What’s your number?” he asked and I smiled.
“I don’t have a cell phone.” I said and he looked at me.
“You don’t want to know why.” I said as we walked.
“So, how do we get hold of you?” a curly-brown haired guy asked. The same one who nearly got hit by a ball that I kicked.
“She lives with me.” Uncle Xavi said and put his arm over my shoulder protectively.
“Oh, man, can’t we hang out with your niece, then?” Muniesa asked.
“Not now.” Uncle Xavi said. “In fact, not ever.” he added and the guys looked at me. I smiled.
“Oh come on, Xavi! Let loose, it’s not like they’re going to jump on Aly’s bones.” Sergio said.
“Busquets, you do not understand! Aly is now my responsibility.” Uncle Xavi said.
“OK, can you talk about me when I’m not around?” I asked and they chuckled.
“Do you want to lunch with them?” Uncle Xavi asked me.
“I want to have lunch with my Uncle.” I said and he smiled as Sergio shook his head.
“Nena, enjoy your stay and if there’s anything you need, well, you can count on me.” Sergio said and ruffled my hair.
“Thanks.” I said.
“I hate to say this in front of your uncle, but if those young guys here are raring to lunch with you..” Sergio began.
“Busquets, please! I don’t want to hear it now.” Uncle Xavi said and I chuckled.
“What I mean is, well..” Sergio began again.
“Alright, that’s enough.” Uncle Xavi said and the door opened.
“Seriously, Xavi, protective is so you but I’d rather see Aly hang with our guys here than other guys we don’t know.”
“Exactly, Pique, you are so smart.” Sergio said and the two laughed.
“We’ll see more of you, nena.” Sergio said and he and Gerard walked ahead of us.

“Now, you don’t have to be scared of me, nena. I just want to look out for you. I know you don’t need to hear this, but please. I have to make sure I take care of you. I loved your mum like my sister and I love you.” Uncle Xavi said and I smiled.
“Don’t worry, Uncle, you can trust me. And I love you too.” I said and wrapped him in a one-arm hug.
“Let’s go, we still have to talk about a lot of things.” he said and we went out and made our way to his car.

“Bye, Aly!” someone called out and I turned my back, seeing Sergi, Muniesa and Bartra, making their way to a car.
“Bye, boys.” I said while waving at them and got into Uncle Xavi’s car.

“So, what do you think?” he asked.
“I think I’m going to love it here.” I said and he smiled.
“Seen anyone you like?” he asked and I laughed.
“I think I actually like Gerard, although he’s with my best friend and I don’t want to be the witch, so..” I teased and we laughed.