A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 6- In The Car with Boys

I went down the stairs and saw that Uncle Xavi was already waiting for me, seated next to Gerard, Carles, Bojan, Lionel, Dani, Sergio, Pedro and the younger guys, Bartra, Muniesa, Roberto and Fontas. They were all looking at me.

“Anything wrong?” I asked and looked down. I was wearing leggings, a long red sleeveless top and a pair of wedges.
“You’re beautiful.” Bartra, Muniesa, Roberto and Fontas all said and I blushed.
“Thanks.” I said and smiled. “Although I think I really needed a few more inches.” I teased and they chuckled.
“Hang on, before I forget..” Gerard said and handed me a phone and I looked at him questioningly.
“So you won’t end up giving away your Uncle Xavi’s house and phone numbers when guys ask you.” Gerard said.
“But..” I began and Gerard chuckled.
“Just do me a favor and say thank you.” he insisted and I smiled.
“Thank you.” I said and he chuckled.
“See, that wasn’t so hard. And I have programmed the whole team’s numbers in that phone, so you have a variety of guys to call, text or BBM in case some creep try to break your heart.” Gerard said.
“You guys have the knack to spoil me.” I teased.
“Well, we love Xavi and anyone he loves too. I’m sure you’d agree if Xavi here asks anyone out.” Sergio said.
“Yeah, why don’t you, uncle?” I asked and he looked at the guys and then looked at me.
“Just because I’m being nice about this…” he began.
“OK, OK. Let’s go?” I asked and he chuckled.

“Your uncle is riding with me because we need to talk..” Gerard said as he and Bojan look at me. “Team tactics.” he added.
“Don’t mind them, Aly, they’re going to talk about women.” Carles teased and we laughed.
“And to protect your innocent mind, you don’t need to ride with them.” Sergio said and I nodded.
“But you can ride with us.” Andreu said as Sergi pulled me gently into their car.
“OK, OK, we get it. You want to talk to Aly.” Dani said as he joined Lionel and Pedro in Sergio’s car.
“Oi, Bartra! Muniesa! Roberto! Fontas! You take care of Aly and…” Pedro called out.
“Yes we will, Pedro.” Muniesa said and opened the door for me.

I got in and soon found myself sitting between Sergi and Bartra, while Muniesa was driving and Fontas was riding shotgun.
As soon as Muniesa started the car, the boys began to fight over which CD to play, I picked up a CD that they didn’t care to notice.

“I know, how about this one, boys?” I asked and they all looked at me.
“She’s right, man.” Fontas agreed and played it and some tribal instrumental music played. They groaned.
“Lesson learned tonight. Don’t pick up unnoticed CDs on the floor and insist on playing it.” I said and they laughed and then began asking me questions from my real name to my most embarrassing moment.

“So, how many boys have you gone out with?” Muniesa asked and they all fell silent, waiting for my answer.
“I haven’t.” I said. Muniesa stepped on the brakes and every one of them looked at me.
“No one has asked you out?” Bartra asked.
“Hey, don’t look at me like I’m a sinner.” I said. “I’m just good at staying invisible, OK?” I added.
“You would have a hard time doing it here, I promise.” Sergi said and they agreed.