A Barcelona Love Story

Chapter 8- Beach Plans

I woke up and found the house that I’m sharing with Uncle Xavi silent. I immediately looked out at the garage, hoping to see that his car was still there and smiled when I saw that indeed it was there. I stretched a little and then made breakfast. While frying eggs, the phone rang and I hastily grabbed it.

“Hello.” I greeted in my cheerful voice.
“Hi, nena. It’s Pedro. Is your uncle awake?” he asked.
“I suppose not yet. Do you want to talk to him?” I asked.
“Ah, please wake him up and tell him you and him are joining everyone at the beach. I’m texting him where.” he said.
“OK.” I said.
“You’re up this early, considering the partying antics last night.” he teased and I laughed.
“Someone has to cook breakfast for me and Uncle Xavi in this side of the house.” I said.
“Oh, what’s for breakfast?” he asked.
“Eggs and bacon.” I said.
“Ooohh…please don’t forget,nena. You and Xavi need to be at the beach. The weather is nice and it’s a day off so, let’s enjoy this one.” he said.
“I won’t! I always look forward to the beach.” I said and he chuckled and ended the call after we both said goodbye and the doorbell rang.

“Who is it?!” I called out, collecting the cooked eggs and placed them on the plate.
“Bartra.” a voice answered.
“Come on in.” I called out again as I busied myself with the bacon.
“Where are you?” Bartra asked.
“Kitchen.” I answered.

“Good morning, I’m sure you’ve heard that we’re all going to the bea--?” he began, stopped and stared.
“What?” I asked and waved my hand at him. He stared and I followed his eyes. I turned red.
“Shit.” I said covered my face. “Shit. SHIT!” I called out and ran upstairs, when I realized that I didn’t have any shorts or pants at all, just an oversized shirt over my panty. I hastily grabbed my shorts and put it on and went down to see Bartra and Uncle Xavi talking.

“Oh, good she’s back.” Bartra said and looked at me, I rolled my eyes at him.
“Good morning, nena. We’re going to the beach, Pedro told me he called and Bartra’s here to ask if he could ride with us, since Muniesa and Fontas are bringing dates.” Uncle Xavi explained.
“Yeah and Sergi joined Sergi in buying some food.” Bartra said.
“How do you like the beach, Xandi?” Uncle Xavi asked me.
“Loves it.” I answered.
“Xavi, can I move in? I love waking up and realizing I actually have breakfast.” Bartra said.
“You have Fontas and he’s not that bad when it comes to cooking.” Uncle Xavi pointed out.
“I’ll probably go upstairs and get ready for the beach.” I said excitedly.
“Do you need help?” Bartra teased.
“How about you take a walk to the beach instead, Bartra?” Uncle Xavi demanded as I laughed and stuck my tongue out to Bartra.