I Guess I'll Never Get To Call You Mine

DAVID

I had no idea why I’m at a bar with Peter and Anthony again. All I know is that they had rung me up earlier and asked if I wanted to join them. I dimly recall remembering that I had an appointment to be somewhere today, but said ‘yes’ automatically, forgetting that if Pete and Tony rarely went to anywhere else but pubs, bars or nightclubs. Not that I don’t mind being constantly thrust into the party scene all the time. I’m that kind of guy. But sometimes I think...well, life’s got to be more than just fooling around…right?
“Hey Dave,” Pete said, grinning lopsidedly as he held up yet another glass of vodka. “Check out that girl over there.” I turned automatically to the direction of his not-so-discreet finger. I let out a low whistle. She’s glamorous all right. “Go get her, Dave,” Tony said. “Come on, look, I think she came in alone.” I know I shouldn’t. I’m enough of a mess already. But the alcohol I’d already consumed screwed up my thinking. What the heck? I guess it’ll be another night of meaningless sex for David Desrosiers. I drained my glass and sauntered toward her. Time to make my move.

Fifteen minutes later we were making out at a corner booth, our lips crashing into each other’s. No one seemed to be paying attention and I lost sight of Pete and Tony. The girl (I think her name is either Julie or Jodie) had pulled off her top and grabbed my wrists. She smiled seductively and placed both of my hands on her breasts. I winked and removed my hands to unclip the back of her bra. She laughed and started undoing the buttons on my shirt.
I didn’t have a lot of recollection after that incident except that we were kissing a lot that we were probably half naked. Then I recalled being grabbed rudely by a big brute who was shouting loudly for me to ‘stay away’. I also remember losing my temper and throwing myself at that guy. I forgot what happened next but I remember a stinging pain at my forehead, the sound of more yelling, and being thrown out of the bar.
It was raining heavily, and I drew my hand up to my forehead and touched something warm trickling down my fingers. I held my hand in front of my face and saw blood. I groaned. Screw. My. Life.