I Guess I'll Never Get To Call You Mine

LAURENCE

“Just a reminder: if you are attempting rescue it would be much better if you bring more people with you next time,” I said sarcastically. Out of all people who could’ve played the part of ‘dashing-hero-who-rescues-damsels-in-distress’ it has to be Jeff Stinco. “Come on, Jeff, I thought you work out. Can’t you just knock them out or something?” “He enlarges his muscles for the benefit of female fans, not for knocking people out,” Aline said sensibly. Leonard is having a hard time putting the gag around her because she expertly dodged her head out of his each. Butch had gone up to the deck for a cocktail, I think.
Jeff glared at us. “I can’t predict surprise attacks.” “Then next time think twice before going to barred entrances,” I sighed. “Geez, is there anything you managed to do before you got captured?” Jeff thought for a moment. “I sent Seb an empty text,” he said helpfully. I rolled my eyes. “Yeah that’s very helpful.”
Leonard let out a yell. Aline had managed to poke his eye with a sharp elbow. “Not really,” she shrugged. “They might take it as a sign that we’re in distress. Who knows? Maybe they already know where we are.” Jeff nodded. “Seb knows you’re in trouble. He said he’s alerted the police.” “Oh for Pete’s sake!” We watched as Leonard caught Aline firmly by the arm and tightened a gag securely around her mouth. She jabbed him in the ribcage with a knee in protest and he yelled out again. I have to say the girl’s got spirit.
“That was pretty hasty of him. People don’t alert the police after merely a few hours of no contact with the missing persons.” “Oh, Seb knows Aline wouldn’t get lost. He suspects that something happened.” I thought of what Aline told me earlier: he knows me quite well, actually. We, uh, used to be kind of close. He’ll figure out something’s wrong. I turned to Aline. “Looks like he really does know you well,” I remarked. Jeff raised an eyebrow. “Of course he does. Didn’t you know? Aline and Sébastien used to go out.”