I Guess I'll Never Get To Call You Mine

ASHLEY

“That was a close call,” I said through gritted teeth, snapping my phone shut. Violet looked bored. “Why not let Butch continue the kidnapping operation? He could’ve easily gotten away with it.” “I told him to separate Chuck and Aline at all costs, not to actually kidnap her!” I said, frustrated. “My softheaded boyfriend would play the hero if she’s ever in trouble, and I’m not having her swooning over the rescue. It’s a good thing I found out about his intentions at the last minute and pulled a stop to it.” “Calm down, Ash. I thought J.S. told you they were never together,” Carol pointed out, carefully applying nail polish to her fingernails. “I think you’re getting a little obsessed. I’ve studied this Aline girl online. It seems like they really are just friends and nothing more.” I shook my head. “In order to maintain complete control I need to be absolutely sure I have him under my thumb. It’s clear now that he values her friendship as much as my company, and I can’t have that. The number one priority in his life has to be me and me only. She’s in the way and she must be cast aside.”
“Harsh.” Violet snatched the nail polish bottle from Carol and examined the label. “So what’re you going to do about it?” she said. “Plan B?” “You are absolutely correct. It’s about time anyway. I swore I saw Pierre earlier this morning when I was out with J.S. It’s my fault. I wasn’t being discreet enough. Thank goodness he’s pretty drunk and hopefully won’t remember a thing. Anyways, it’s a sign that Chuck and I should take our relationship to a whole new level.” Carol looked impressed. “Do you think he’ll agree to it?” she said. “Oh, I’ve taken care of that,” I smirked. “Remember my cousin Fiona?” “The receptionist who works at the hospital?” “Yep. She arranged the necessary documents for me from her doctor friend. Now it’s time to break the happy news to Charles.”