Status: Active

*** for Hire

Chapter 13

Daryl drove to the building preparing himself for the questions and yelling.

After eating breakfast him and Montana had another round in the shower before getting dressed. She had asked him to spend the day with her but the ring of his phone and the person on the other line made those plans to down the drain.

He answered it, it was Byron who said that the other three were at the building and demanded he get there immediately.

Telling Montana it was an emergency he saw the disappointment on her face but promised he'd make it up to her.

As he pulled up in front of the building he ran a hand through his hair.

"This girl is changing your mind Dixon." He said. "This is threatening everything you need to get things back under control."

With this said he got out his car and entered the building. He walked to the front desk where she waved him in.

Taking a deep breath he opened the door to find all four men seated there.

"Daryl come sit." Byron gestured to a chair in the middle right in front of his desk.

Daryl walked over and sat down feeling the mobsters eyes on him.

"Daryl have you forgotten your assignment?" Byron asked.

"No I haven't B." He said.

"Then why is that bitch still alive and breathing?" Sal asked.

"Cause I told you asshole I like to fuck with women hits before I kill them." He said.

"I know and understand that Daryl but it's been three days now." Byron said. "You usually kill them by now."

"Which goes back to the question why is she still alive?" Marco asked.

"I'm taking my time with it." Daryl said.

"What the hell for?" Sal asked. "Based on what you said she already trusts you and y'all are banging based on your demeanor."

"I just want to rush this one." He said. "It's all part of my plan until I pop her off."

Sal looked at him skeptically. "Okay but I want this done by next Friday and not a day or week more."

"Done." Daryl said shaking his hand.

"Gentleman I liked to speak to Daryl alone." Byron said.

All three nodded and exited the office closing the door behind them.

"You know you're like a son to me Dixon." Byron said.

"And you're like a father to me B." He said.

"Then tell me why is it taking you long to pop off just one woman?" He asked.

Daryl sighed. "I honestly don't know."

"I think I know why." Byron said. "Your heart is getting in the way of this."

Daryl looked up. "I assure you it hasn't."

"It has." Byron said. "You're falling for her aren't you?"

"I honestly don't know." He said. "She makes me feel things that I've never felt." "She's like no one I've ever met."

Byron looked down then looked up. "You're in deep Dixon."

"I know that and of makes this more difficult." He said. "I'm having an inner battle with myself."

"All I can say is even though you're feeling for her remember what you've been assigned to do." Byron said. "And remember what will happen if it isn't done."

Daryl nodded knowing the consequences if he didn't go through with it.

They would kill Montana and him.

"So he stayed over all night?" Coco asked over the phone.

"Yes he did and he made me breakfast in bed." She said.

"Sounds like this Daryl is a keeper then." Coco said. "Just be careful though."

"Why do you say that?" Montana asked.

"Look Jessica I don't know what but something about him seems off." She said. "Like he's hiding something."

"Like what?" She asked.

"I don't know but it's just a gut feeling I get." Coco said. "Like he doesn't have your best interest at heart."

"Okay I'll keep that in mind but I have nothing to worry about." She said.

"Okay just think about it." Coco said. "Bye."

"Bye." She said hanging up.

She sat thinking about Cocos words. Other than being a little antisocial about himself and a little tense she couldn't think of anything about him that was off.

A knock at the door brought her out of her thoughts.

"Who could that be?" She asked herself getting up.

She opened the door to find Daryl standing there wearing an old faded sleeveless shirt with faded jeans and old work boots.

"What are you doing here dressed like that?" She asked with a smile.

"I'm taking you hunting." He said.

Montana watched as Daryl raised his crossbow completely focused on the squirrel under the tree.

Her eyes sometimes went to his arms how they flexed when he moved. She was so focused on that she didn't hear the arrow whistle by and hit the squirrel.

"Did you see that?" He asked walking over and picking it up.

"I kinda missed it." She admitted.

"How?" He asked.

She smiled. "Cause a certain someone looking sexy all grungy and dirty distracted me."

He chuckled and leaned down as she reached for a kiss. It took everything within him not to rip those shorts off and do her in the woods.

"It's your turn." He said pulling away.

She took a deep breath. "Okay." She said taking the crossbow.

He stood behind her and placed his hands over hers.

"Now keep quiet and concentrate on your target." He whispered in her ear.

Montana tried to ignore his breath on her ear that made her shiver in delight. She saw a squirrel go by and ended up shooting and missing.

"Damn." She said.

Daryl chuckled. "I was like that at first but I got it eventually."

"Okay." She said as he loaded another arrow into it and stood behind her.

"Try again." He said and she nodded.

She saw another squirrel go by she concentrated and pretended that Daryl wasn't there. Taking a breath she shot the arrow..

"Can you hand my that knife?" Daryl asked as he finished skinning one squirrel.

She nodded and handed it to him watching as he expertly skinned and flayed the squirrel.

After this Daryl cooked the squirrel grilled styled. Montana chopped up vegatables for a stir cry.

"I've never tasted anything like this." Montana said.

"I hope you mean in a good way." He said.

She laughed. "I do it's better than streak."

He raised an eyebrow. "Nothing beats a good steak."

She laughed again and they continued eating.

After they were done and the dishes were cleaned and put up.

"Daryl I want to thank you for a great dinner." She said running a finger up his chest.

He grinned. "Have any ideas on how to thank me?"

"I have." She said kissing him and unbuttoning two buttons. "Plenty of ideas."

With this said they kissed passionately Daryl picked her up wrapping her legs around him.

He walked into the living room and laid her on the couch. They continued kissing for a couple of minutes until...

She pushed him back and got up. Daryl looked confused as she gave him a small smirk and walked into the bedroom closing the door behind her.