An Introvert's Guide to Romance.

Introvert
Opposite of extrovert. A person who is energized by spending time alone. Often found in their homes, libraries, quiet parks that not many people know about, or other secluded places, introverts like to think and be alone.

Contrary to popular belief, not all introverts are shy. Some may have great social lives and love talking to their friends but just need some time to be alone to "recharge" afterwards. The word "Introvert" has negative connotations that need to be destroyed. Introverts are simply misunderstood because the majority of the population consists of extroverts.
Extrovert: Oh my god, you're so shy! You need to get out more!
Introvert: But it's so draining - I don't have a problem with going out; I just want to stay at home and read sometimes, y'know?
- Urban Dictionary.

Ambrosia Wilson was an introvert. She loves books, music and her pet snake, Gale. But she also loves to go out and watch movies, exploring abandoned houses or just the park. What she doesn't like but can tolerate is people trying to make her talk. Ambrosia is the type that if she wants to talk to you, she will but if there was no reason for it, she won't. Her biggest pet peeve is when people call her shy. Shy people don't sky dive on their 18th birthday.

She has a best friend named Tammy who was the extrovert type. Tammy may be her best friend because she is her only friend. Sort of friend, let just say. Tammy doesn't understand why Ambrosia will pick a book over a boy. She doesn't understand why she listens to Queen over The Wanted. But what she does understand that Ambrosia quietness is not because she hates people; Ambrosia is quiet because that who she is. Tammy knows Ambrosia is not a shy person; in fact, she knows that Ambrosia is type of person to go up and introduce herself.

In all honesty, Ambrosia prefers books, music and hot drinks over people.

What happens when she be friends with most unlikeliest person (the rich girl)? What happens when she suddenly fall in love with most unlikeliest person (the guy who wears leather jacket but is still considered a ladies' man)? What happens when everything she had build started to break down?



©The Last Dance.