An Introvert's Guide to Romance.

zero

Holding Memoirs of Geisha close to my chest, I felt time slow down like in the movies. Tammy and Rachel was talking about a party that coming up but only think I could focus was on the table, trying to ignore the gaze from Jake few tables away from us. I really don’t understand what was going on. When other boys stare at me, it was just staring. Since Jake helped me from getting bullied, his stares turned into slow burning lasers. I could feel the heat slowly traveling from my neck down to my arms and legs. I took a shuddering breath and glanced at Rachel who was turning to look at me.

“So? What do you think? Do you want to go to the party?” asked Rachel but I couldn’t answer because I finally got some relief. My eyes fluttered really fast towards Jake to see his attention was somewhere else then looked back at Rachel. Mulling the question in my head, I asked myself why not? My supplies of unread book was getting short and Tammy was going so I think I should go.

“Yeah. I will go. Whose house it in any ways?” I asked, placing my favorite book on the table. Tammy smiled real big when she heard that I was going and bit surprised, too. She always wanted to take me to a party but I didn’t want to go to a house filled with drunk teenagers, loud music and drugs. Parties are always the events I ignore. I gave her a soft smile.

Jake Daniels.” Rachel whispered the name I really didn’t want to hear. I almost squeaked but I controlled myself. Why did I say yes?! Of all the people who can create great parties, why did it hasto be Jake’s? I heard about his parties. Only thing I know about is that Jake is not disappointing in that field either. What the fuck? He is good at sports, studies, laughing, looking good and now he is the king of parties?

“You okay, Amby?” asked Rachel as she noticed the color drain from my face. No, I thought to myself, miserable, I wanted to forget this weird feelings I get when I am around Jake, not enforce it more!. I shook my head with a smile on my face.

“I am fine.” I said, and she nodded. Hopefully the party is like few days from now so I could ready myself mentally and physically. “When is the party?

“Tonight.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it.