An Introvert's Guide to Romance.

two-two

We did had homeroom together, with Mrs. Holly. Elated, we both rushed towards the homeroom class, talking about having the same luck with our classes. I really started to like Adrian. He was witty and smart while at the same time chill and down to earth. He was in the swim team (Tammy wiggled her eyebrows at me when he said that) and that he was trying to get into the captain’s position because the captain was a dick.

We entered the class and sat at the middle, already seeing familiar people enter the class. Tammy was in the midst of talking about her secret trip to California with Adrian. She said that she tricked her dad by saying that she was sleeping over a friends house for two days straight. It made me think about myself more. If I was confident enough to trick my parents, I would have been also going to out-of-state vacations or even having a sleepover. Sometimes, my introvertedness pisses me off.

The bell rang causing everyone to be silent, watching the teacher who strangely reminds me of Roz from Monsters Inc. She was about to say something when the door opened and in came every woman’s wet dream, Jake Daniels. He was tall enough to be admiring. His body built was right amount of muscles and was encased in a leather jacket and dark pants. He had a strong, square jaw with straight nose and dark eyes that was serious all the time. His dark hair was swept back but few fell in front of his face from fast walk. He raised his hand swept the fallen hair back to it’s place.

“Sorry for being late.” he said, smiling, his voice deep and enchanting. He knew how to smooth talk to a teacher and thus causing Mrs. Holly shake her head at him, smiling. He walked towards the back as he looked around the classroom. He saw couple of his friends and waved at them. As he looked around once more, he made eye contact with me. It was only few seconds because I looked away fast but it was few seconds too long. Even though they were dark, his eyes were beautiful and mysterious.

“All right. Jake, you can walk faster to your seat, thank you.” said Mrs. Holly, looking at the said person with a pointed look. I heard a chair scrape against the floor and a bag falling to the ground. “Good. Let’s begin shall we? This is your senior year, kiddos but don’t think its an easy year. You got to decide what you want to do in your life, if you haven’t decided yet. You got to decide what college you want to go: in state or out-of-state. Do you have the money to buy your classes and books? If not, are you going to look for a job? That’s why we have counselors so you can speak to them about your future. For this year, some of you guys are lucky and only have four or five classes instead of six and some of you aren’t. When I call your name, you come up and decide on your activities classes like painting, woodshop, PE and so on so forth. First on the list: Nathan Adams!”

That’s how the class went. Adrian got his first, Tammy got second and couple of names after Jake got his. I was after his and we passed each other on the way. He didn’t make any connection with me: no hey, no what up...but I don’t really see why because we never spoke to anyone. I grabbed my schedule and told the teacher I wanted Painting II. She told me to sign my name on designated box and told me Painting II will start next week, officially. I went back to Tammy and Adrian and compared our schedules. I got Government and English with Adrian while I got Math and Biology with Tammy. I only had five classes this whole nine months. For the first week only four.

The schedule as it goes:

1st Period Government Mrs. Newton.

2nd Period Math Mr. Bryan

3rd Period English Mr. Johnson

LUNCH

4th Period Biology Miss. Khan

5th Period Painting Mrs. Heater

6th Period NO CLASS. FREE PERIOD


“This is good. I don’t need to be alone in the classes. I got you guys!” I said, happily. Adrian and Tammy smiled at me. I was about to say something when I heard guys talking about Painting. I peaked my hearing senses up and eavesdropped, realising that it was Jake’s group that was talking about.

“Dang, Jake...If I had known that you would pick Painting II as an elective, I would have taken it too!” said one the guys...his name was Jared, I believe. My eyes widened. Jake...in Painting II? Maybe, he wanted a lazy class. He is going to be surprised at how hectic it would be.

“Do you even know how to paint?” remarked Jake, laughing. Jared tried to reason out why he would take Painting but nothing came out. “What did you take instead?”

“Speech classes.” he responded back, slowly.

“You do realize you have to take part in everything they do.” said Jake and I assumed Jared nodded because: “ Well, you are good at speaking to people so it would be a piece of cake if you do your work in time.”

“Anyways, what time will be your painting class?”

“Fifth with Mrs. Heater.” He answered and my eyes widened. Jake is going to be in my painting class by next week...why is this making me freak out? It’s not like he talks to me or anything. I tried to ignore it and went back to paying attention to my friends. No such luck; Jake had already captured my mind and I don’t like it one bit.

The bell rang, announcing that in five minutes, first period is going to start. I left the room in a hurry and waited outside for Adrian. The room was getting stuffy and I would sacrifice a baby for some silence. I got some for few seconds before the hallway was filled. The door to the homeroom opened just to see Jake and his friends leave the classroom. I made sure not to make eye contact with me. I didn’t need to worry though. He didn’t even bother looking my way. I sighed in relief when Tammy and Adrian appeared out of the class.

“Why did you run out of the class so fast?” asked Adrian, confused. I smiled, sheepishly.

“The room was getting bit stuffy so…” I trailed off, feeling embarrassed. I caught Tammy’s eyes and she just smirked. Why is she smirking? I gave those two privacy as they kissed and we left for our designated classes. Is Adrian okay that I walk with him? I don’t think he minds because he doesn’t look mad. On our way to class, we had a great conversation about movies. He, too, loves sad endings or mindfuck movies and hate romantic movies.

“Xander!” Adrian yelled out and I snapped my head towards where Adrian was looking. Apparently, Xander also has Government. Xander was really a good looking boy. He had dark hair and pale skin with two different eye color: one brown and other blue. He waited for us by the door.

“Hello, Ambrosia.” he said, his special eyes twinkling as he smiled. I smiled at him.

“Hey, Xander!” I said back and it was silent for a minute. Adrian coughed and I see him pouting at Xander, his eyes wide and mock sad.

“Where is my hello?” Adrian whined and Xander just shook his head. “Please, say hello to me! I will feel complete, Xandy!”

“DON’T CALL ME XANDY!”