What Am I Doing With My Life

Phan

"I can't believe we're really going to Jamaica!" Phil exclaimed, looking excitedly around the plane. "Thank you so much for taking me with you!"

"No problem," Dan said distractedly, staring out the window.

Phil watched as Dan started to nervously chew on his lip, fidgeting with the string on his sweatshirt.

"You okay?" Phil asked as the flight attendant announced that they were about to take off.

Dan nodded, but he looked like he was about to puke. He shakily put on his seat belt, staring down at his feet. He put a hand on his forehead, scrunching his eyes shut as if he had a headache. Phil looked at him with concern, hating to see his friend in pain.

Phil sighed, shifting in his seat to look at Dan. "Okay, seriously, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Dan snapped, but it didn't seem to have the sass behind it that it usually did.

"C'mon," Phil whined. "You're never this quiet."

Dan stared at Phil in frustration, debating whether or not to be honest. Phil was his best friend, and he'd always been there for him. But he still hated seeming weak, even if it was only in front of Phil.

"Fine," Dan finally gave in. "I just- I just don't like planes, okay?"

Phil bit back a smile. Dan never admitted when he was scared about things like this, which meant that flying must've been truly terrifying to him.

"It's okay," Phil said, reaching over Dan to close the shade on the window. "Just pretend that it's a car ride. A really, really long car ride."

Dan gave a slight smile, but still looked anxious.

"Think of how fun it'll be when we get there!"

The plane lurched to a start, and Dan groaned in response. "I think I'm going to be sick."

"Here," Phil said, reaching into the backpack at his feet. "You can hold Lion."

He held the small stuffed animal out to Dan, who took it gratefully.

"Thanks, Phil," he smiled.

"No problem," Phil replied as the plane continued to move. "Just don't throw up on him, okay?"
♠ ♠ ♠
(I'm aware that this is kinda awful, someone just asked me to write it for them ok)