What Am I Doing With My Life

Frerard

"Gerard, are you out here?" Frank asked, opening the door of the bus to look outside.

He hopped onto the ground when he got no response, hugging his jacket tighter around himself in the freezing air.

"Gerard!" Frank called, wandering around the snowy corner of the building they were parked in front of and into the alleyway.

"Gee, what the hell are you doing out here?" Frank asked when he spotted a figure leaning against the side of the building. "It's fucking freezing."

Gerard shrugged, taking a drag from the cigarette he was holding. He exhaled slowly, the smoke forming a cloud around his mouth, which quickly blew away in the harsh wind.

"I've been looking everywhere for you," Frank said, stepping closer.

Gerard sighed, pulling the cigarette out of his mouth so that he could speak. "Listen, I'm really not in the mood for this right now."

Frank watched as Gerard lifted the cigarette back to his lips, eying the singer with suspicion. He knew that Gerard was trying to be left alone, but Frank wasn't about to give up so easily. He rested his back against the wall next to Gerard, folding his arms over his chest. He was painfully aware of the awkward silence, but he didn't know what to say. He knew from experience that he had to be careful with what he said when Gerard was in a bad mood.

"D'you think we can go back inside soon? I'm gonna get frostbite," Frank complained, trying to make some type of conversation. Mikey was so much better at dealing with his brother when he was like this, and Frank felt like he was probably just making things worse.

"You can go," Gerard said, waving his hand toward the bus. "I'm sure Ray's already made hot chocolate or some shit."

Frank frowned at Gerard; he was never one to make fun of anyone, especially nice people like Ray. "What's going on, Gee?"

Gerard rolled his eyes. "Nothing. Can you just leave me alone?"

Frank bit his lip, looking at Gerard. Suddenly, he reached forward and snatched the cigarette out of his hand.

"What the fuck?" Gerard shouted, angrily glaring at Frank. He tried to grab it back, but Frank jumped backward, sticking the cigarette between his own lips.

"Give it back!" he demanded, and Frank spun on his heels and started to run away.

"Gotta catch me first!" Frank called over his shoulder, taking the cigarette into his hand.

Gerard chased after him, tracking through the snow. They raced past the bus, going in circles through the open parking lot.

"Get back here, you dick!" Gerard panted as he ran.

Frank just laughed, picking up his pace. Gerard had a clear height advantage, and he soon slammed into Frank, knocking them both into the snow.

"Shit!" Frank cried, trying to push Gerard off of him so that he could stand up. "It's so cold!"

Gerard smirked at him, refusing to budge. "That's what you get."

In a burst of energy, Frank shoved Gerard off of him, both of them rolling so that now Frank was on top. He grinned down at Gerard, who was pinned underneath him. He didn't seem upset; he was even smiling a little.

Frank quickly leaned in and planted a kiss on Gerard's nose. His face, almost as pale as the snow, turned completely pink. "Come on, princess, let's go inside," he said, standing up and offering Gerard a hand.

Gerard reached out and took it, but instead of pulling himself up, he yanked Frank back onto the ground with him. "Gee!" Frank laughed, watching from the ground as Gerard stood.

He quickly balled up some of the snow blanketing the ground around him and chucked it at Gerard's back, snorting when Gerard angrily turned around.

"You little shit!" he cried, bending down to collect his own pile of snow.

Frank rolled to the side as Gerard threw the snowball at him, which barely missed his head. He flipped back over to stick his tongue out, but then hastily turned back as Gerard pelted him with more snow. Frank screamed out a string of curses as the snow exploded onto his back, hearing Gerard giggling.

He shoved himself to his feet, running toward Gerard as if to tackle him. Gerard, seeing him coming, started to run again. This time, Frank was faster, catching Gerard halfway through the parking lot. He jumped onto him from behind, causing Gerard to stagger. However, he was able to support Frank's weight, and began carrying him around on his back.

"Where to, my love?" Gerard asked, pretending to be French.

Frank snorted. "Wherever you got that accent from so you can return it."

Gerard laughed, and Frank gently kissed the side of his neck.

"Actually," Frank said, after they had walked around for a little while. "Can we go back to the bus? I think I'm becoming a popsicle."

"Sure," Gerard chuckled. "Not that I don't like my men on ice."

He trudged back through the snow toward the bus, letting Frank off of his back once they were near the door.

"Hey, Frank?" Gerard said before Frank could open the door.

"Yeah?" he replied, turning back to look over his shoulder.

"Thanks."

Frank nodded. "Any time."

He started to pull open the door, which had started to freeze shut.

"Oh," Gerard added, almost as an afterthought. "And you owe me another cigarette."
♠ ♠ ♠
-written per request-
(in case you can't tell, I love Frerard)