Let Your Heart, Control Your Mind.

Everyone Sees Her

“Even though today we will be leaving Nanuet High School. Each of us will always carry a little part of this school with us where ever we go. Thank you.” Our valedictorian finished and walked off the stage. Finally, I thought shaking my foot out because during the long boring generic speech it decided to go numb. I thanked God that I was near the beginning of the alphabet so that soon I would be able to stand to get my diploma. I sat in the third row of seats. The very first of the C’s. I looked quickly to the crowd for a peak at my boyfriend. I could barely make out him winking at me. I almost laughed out loud to that gesture. Holland who sat behind me leaned up so that her chin was on my shoulder.
“I see your man making eyes at you. New love is so beautiful.” She whispered flicking my tassel. I sighed and stood as the rest of my row did. I came to stand behind the tail end of the second row which was on its last few graduates. I was on the stair to be next when I sent up a small prayer that everything would be okay.
“Alexis Danielle Carter.” I stepped up and walked toward the school board president to receive my diploma. Behind the stage out of the corner of my eye I saw my picture show up and a list of my personal achievements. Four Year Varsity Award, three time all-state, TCC Champion, SNCC Winner, and mock elections: first to be famous. At the very bottom it said graduating with high honors. I once again took my seat. Now was the long wait for everyone else to receive theirs. I've got to say shortly after Holland was through the line I zoned out until we were all told to rise. “Class of 2013 you may now move your tassels to the left side.” We did the last command we should ever receive as high schoolers. “I present to you the graduated class of 2013.” There was a collective cheer as we all tossed our caps. Then there was a havoc of people all over the place. I stood in one place not really knowing where my cap flew. The crowd broke just long enough for Nick to enter the calm of the graduate seating that was now empty except for me. In his hand a cap I believed to be mine. Approaching me he placed it on my head. Then quickly he dipped in for a three second kiss.
“Congratulations, Callie.” He slipped up and used the nickname I would have had if I had kept my birth name. I giggled and set my hands on his chest. “Lex, I mean. Sorry.”
“It’s okay you can make it up to me in kisses.” He bent down to kiss me again. “Later. When we don’t have a thousand people watching us.” He shrugged as if telling me fine your loss. You could tell that he was used to being in front of people. A life of being in front of a large audience has given him an attitude of ignorance when it came to private matters. He after all had made a living telling the world the words inside his heart and soul. That’s the huge difference between him and I. He aimed for 50,000 while I hit 200 on a good day. He could play to the crowd and all I could do was pump them up.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, first chapter. What do you think??
<3 Kelsey