Let Your Heart, Control Your Mind.

All Because You're By My Side

I turned my face slightly away from his. “What’s wrong, Lex?” He sat up to look at me. I shook my head before pulling myself up to sit also.
“We just started dating and you are already thinking about getting married?” He shrugged and took my hand.
“This might be new to you, but I've been committed to this relationship for eight years. I've had time to think about what I want it to be eventually. It’s not like I plan on making any moved towards it anytime soon, but it has crossed my mind. It has been for years actually.”
“I know, but when you sang it I guess it just didn't sound like such a serious offer.” He stood up and went inside retrieving his guitar. Sitting back down and starting to strum.
“Pardon me cause I’m staring. I could marry that smile you’re wearing and I just might.” He smiled and winked. “Look at us right now. Finally we’re found. Fine, go ahead and run around. See how quick you’re found.” I pulled his guitar away. “Oh, you are going to play for me.” I turned it so that it was faced the right way. I began strumming it now.
“I love you in the light, I love you in the dark. And, my mind has been made up because you threw the sparks that set my heart on fire and now the stars are falling from the sky. They're on fire and fall straight into your eyes.” He shook his head at me and took the guitar back and continued.
“But you always seem to break the rhythm of this messed up world. And, there's no way that I'm ever leaving without you girl and wow. Look at us right now finally we're found, found, found.” I took the guitar back. I couldn't sing worth crap, but Nick’s guitar lessons had paid off.
“I am Invincible, as long as I'm in love with you. I am Invincible, there is nothing we cannot do. Missing you every day, it's not enough for me. We make it so hard for ourselves so easily and it's funny how the one thing that makes me crazy is the same that keeps me sane. My minds a million miles away, but nothing ever changes. No never change.” He pulled the guitar back.
“Tell me you want me to love you. Tell me you'll never stop. I'll be around you're never lost.” He gripped the instrument hard and looked at me with a serious face. “I will never let you go. I love you and someday maybe in a year or two I will ask you to marry me, but now I won’t scare you or try and pressure you into something. I just want to love you.”
“I love you too, Nick.”
“I want you not to worry about it and have fun this summer. You are going to see the country and I promise to show you all the good parts.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey