Let Your Heart, Control Your Mind.

Used To Have Everything Figured Out But It's Different Now

I woke up in a groggy haze with covers pulled high over my head. I was momentarily confused at where I was even after I pulled down the heavy blanket. Until I realized I was still on the tour bus, but not before I slammed my head on the low ceiling while coming to stand. “Jeez,” I spoke sighing and rubbing my forehead. I took in my surroundings remembering that Nick had left at an unreasonable hour to work out. I was alone. I glanced at the clock briefly thinking, ‘how long can this guy work out for?’ before thinking of his giant muscles realizing that those could probably work for quite some time before tiring. I sighed and decided to get ready for the day seeing that it is ten in the morning. As I was just finishing up thinking he can’t possibly have been working out for almost six hours, Nick came in dressed in jeans and a white t-shirt with two travel cups of coffee in each hand and a big grin on his face.
“Morning, beautiful.” He placed a cup in my hand and a kiss on my forehead. “Sleep well?” I shrugged my shoulders and held back any complaints about the sleeping situation deep inside. I took a long drink out of the cup before smiling.
“I love coffee, thank you.” He smiled and sat down on one of the couches.
“I hoped I had picked something you would like. Something sugary and way too sweet with extra whipped cream and chocolate. Something that by just talking about it made my blood sugar go up way too many points.” He laughed and reached for me. I took a step closer to him and he guided me down into his lap. “But, you have the same effect on me so I can’t really complain.”
“That was not your best pick up line, Nicholas.” I took another sip after laughing quietly. He shrugged.
“I can pick you up without using a line. I shouldn’t have to try too hard.” He smiled and touched his finger to my nose for emphasis. “By the way, welcome to Orlando, Florida. We finally get to sleep in actual beds tonight.” I let out a sigh of relief.
“Finally!” Real sleep in a real bed, I couldn’t help but smile at the thought of actually getting a decent night of sleep. “When do we get to go to the hotel?”
“Well, probably after lunch. Mom, wanted everyone to meet up around 11:30. So we have about an hour of time to ourselves.” He said with a mischievous grin as he placed his cup on a nearby table before pulling me around to face him. He placed a long kiss on my lips, entangling his fingers in my hair. Slowly, with eyes closed I found the table to free my hands of my coffee cup. My fingers gripped into his t-shirt tightly. His fingertips trailed down my back until his hands rested lightly around my waist. His lips departed mine and his eyes opened holding a gaze with mine for several seconds that felt like a whole minute. He placed a light kiss on my jawline before whispering, “I love you,” into my ear softly. I smiled widely.
“I love you too.” He pulled me even closer and somehow in the same fluid motion I ended up on top of him lying on the couch. I placed a light kiss onto his lips. His hands traveled back to my hair pulling the kiss in deeper than I originally intended it. His left fingers entwined with my hair as his right toyed with the hem of my tank top. I could feel his fingertips grazing the skin just above the waist of my jeans and then they voyaged further up my side. Then before I even had a coherent thought his nimble hands had pulled of my top. I leaned into his chest breathing heavy. “Nick.” I spoke with a sense of urgency and warning. I could feel his heart beating hard into my ear. His hand held my face and brought it back to his.
“Nothing is going to happen,” he assured me kissing my cheek. “I’ve got control of myself, I promise.” His lips pressed into my forehead as the logical part of me brain thought, ‘some things make me think otherwise’. The other portion of my brain lead me to kiss him hard. He hesitated with surprise before reciprocating the kiss. This part of my brain was not the best one to go with because in that second the door of the bus opened and we heard an audible gasp. My head turned so quickly that it almost hurt. Frankie’s surprised face lingered for one moment before he turned and ran from the doorway. I was standing within seconds. I searched the room for my shirt as Nick nimbly rose from the couch and tore after Frankie. I pulled on my shirt and dropped my head into my hands in shame thinking of all the curse words I could muster before slipping into sandals. Of all things I didn’t ever need my thirteen-year-old ‘little brother’ to see. Me in a bra was pretty high on my list. I exited the bus and saw Nick with his hand on Frankie’s shoulder pleading with his little brother to keep this encounter quiet. I took several deep breaths before sitting on the top step of the bus with my head in my hand for minutes before Nick placed his hand on my back. “He won’t say anything.” I sighed, unsure that he was positive or if he was trying to assure me before all heck broke loose.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey