Status: Active! :)

Poison Arms

Chapter 7

Today Vic agreed to take me to the shop to buy supplies for school which I unfortunately had to start tomorrow. Bright and early, Monday morning. Ugh. I’d gotten my parents money when they got killed, so I was set for a pretty long time. It would do me over until I was 18 and even a few years after that.

When we got to the store, I wondered around looking at everything. I wasn’t really sure what to buy since I’d never really gone to school.

“Hey man, I need help.” I admitted shyly.

“With what?” Vic chuckled.

“What do I need?” I laughed with him.

Vic reached in his back pocket and pulled out his wallet, retrieving a list of supplies. I was only about 2 weeks late into the school year. I took the list and looked over it. I nodded at him as I headed towards the backpacks. I decided to stick with simple and cheap, so I got a regular black one. I then made my way to the binders and notebooks where I grabbed 4 binders and 2 spiral notebooks. On the next aisle I picked up a pack of led pencils and some notebook paper. Then I went to find Vic again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After we got back home he helped me organize my folders and shit. I kept analyzing him, or should I say admiring. I couldn’t help it. He was so attractive. Vic looked up at me after he got done and zipped my backpack shut. He stood up and carried it to my dresser.

“I’ve gotta get a shower. I’ll wake you up in the morning. Cool?” he offered.

“That’d be great actually. I need to pick up a clock next time we’re out.” I said.

“Alright. Night Quinn.” He pushed my head back as he walked out, shutting the door behind him.

“Goodnight Vic.” I whispered to myself, and then I got up and got in bed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Quinn wake up!” the voice said pulling me out of the deep sleep I was in.

I’ve been sleeping really well every since I was released. They gave me sleeping pills, and they’re refillable so I’ll be able to sleep good more often. I opened one of my eyes to see a very blurry Vic leaning over me. I moaned and rolled over.

“Kellin! Get up!” he shook me.

I stretched my arms out and yawned. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I groaned and walked over to my dresser, grabbing some boxers.

“So, bathroom is where?” I said in a sleepy voice.

“This way.” Vic said leading me out of my room and all the way down the hall.

We entered the bathroom and Vic turned on the shower for me, surprisingly. He walked over to another door and opened it, and I naturally followed him.

“Towels and washrags are here.” He said getting a towel for me as I stepped closer to grab one.

He turned around and bumped into me. I stumbled back in shock a little and tried to focus on his face. I noticed he was, for lack of better words, checking me out. I grabbed the towel out of his hands and made my way to the other side of the bathroom where the shower was. Then I turned around to make sure Vic was leaving, and I slipped off the only thing I was wearing, my boxers. I turned around because I didn’t hear the door shut, and Vic was standing in the doorway still checking me out. As creepy as it sounds, it was kind of a turn on. I pretended to not care that he saw my junk and I got in the shower. I heard the door close and I continued with my shower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got off the school bus and walked into the building slowly with Vic by my side.

“Come on. We’ve gotta get your schedule.” He said dragging me by my hand into the front office.

“Uh can I get your classes?” I asked quietly.

“Sure. Sure. We’ll ask.” He said looking around for someone.

Finally a tall lady walked out of one of the smaller offices and helped us.

“May I help you boys?” she said smiling and plopping down in a chair.

Vic looked at me like he expected me to answer. “Can I get a schedule? I’m new here.” I said awkwardly leaning on the bar in front of me.

“You sure can! Name?”

“Kellin Quinn. I just transferred here from Michigan…” I mumbled.

She made a dinging sound and then I looked at Vic and encouraged him to remind her about the classes.

He cleared his throat. “Listen, Sherry could you do me a solid and give us the same classes? We’d appreciate it!”

“Oh sure!” She laughed and then pressed a button on the computer.

I heard a loud roaring noise right beside me and I jumped back. I looked over to see a big piece of junk spitting out a piece of paper. It was called a printer I think. After it quieted down, I stepped forward and grabbed the warm sheet of paper.

“Thank you Sherry! See you Thursday.” He said pulling me out into the halls.

As we were walking, I saw many different people with many different styles. We walked further and further down the hall, and then all of the people disappeared. They disappeared into thin air and I could only hear them; a thousand voices, ten thousand conversations, and a hundred thousand words all processing through my head at the same time. I kept looking around waiting for everyone to pop back up, but they didn’t. I kept the vision to myself, because I still hadn’t told anyone where I was really from and I wanted to keep it that way for the time being. Vic turned to his right and walked to the back of the row and sat down. I followed closely behind and sat beside him.

“This is drama. Easy peezy.” He said reassuring me.

I guess I looked about as nervous as I felt. The class was boring, but easy yes. The next class was math and the one after that was economics. Math was hard at first, but the teacher is amazing so I caught on quickly. Econ was even more boring than drama. My last class of the day was Spanish, but with Vic by my side it was the easiest class of the day. Finally, the bell rang and we got to go home. When we got back to the home, or my home, we checked in with Mrs. Kendra and then Vic walked me to my room. I sat my stuff down.

“Ya know. Thanks for helping me so much. You have no clue how lost I’d be with out you.” I said.

“You’re welcome Quinn. Like I said, I’m here if you need anything. Don’t forget to do your homework.” He winked.

“Yeah, yeah! Get out of here.” I said tossing a pillow at him. He threw it back just as quick.

“I’ll see you at dinner.” He said leaving. Then I lay back on my bed and stuck my headphones in my ear. You know, for a first day it wasn’t that bad. Maybe this normal life thing could work out. I smiled at the thought. What a thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo!! Updated. Glad you guys are liking the story, because I'm loving it. ♥