Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter One

Okay, first of all, I have no idea what rating this is, but because of frequent coarse language, violence, sexual references, and sex scenes, I just put R. But if I'm totally wrong, don't hate me please! Yeah, I don't really get the whole rating system... I know I sound stupid now, but yeah...

NOTE: For convenience to the story all the guys are the same age, ok, good. The age is 17.

Chapter One:
The morning was cold, the winter air chilling everyone who exposed themselves to it. The heaters at the high school were down, as well as all electricity in the whole area, and everyone was freezing.

Sonny sat in maths, shivering violently. He looked over to the person beside him, Derek. Derek was shivering also, though not quite as much as Sonny.

Sonny and Derek weren’t the average kids, they weren’t popular and the only other friends they had were Matt Good and Travis Richter, and a few others. Derek and Sonny’s appearances put people off them and they were often addressed as ‘emos’ and ‘fags.’ But they didn’t care, they’d gotten used to that by now.

They made it through maths and headed off to their other classes. Sonny didn’t have any more classes with his friends before lunch, so he met up with them at lunchtime. He walked to the cafeteria and waited impatiently in line. He was hungry.

“Hey look, it’s the little emo fag!” One of the jocks called, walking up to Sonny. This guy was only an inch or two taller than Sonny, but with his clan of jocks surrounding Sonny it left him with nothing to do but to receive the wedgie and have his lunch money stolen.

After everyone had finished laughing at poor Sonny, he wandered over to the tree that he and his friends always sat at, the oak tree at the furthest end of the quadrangle.

The large oak tree welcomed Sonny to it with it’s solid, aged branches and thick, bushy leaves. He took a seat under it, leaning against it’s trunk. He was sitting next to Matt, the other guys obviously hadn’t arrived yet.

“Sonny, where’s your lunch?” Matt asked. Sonny was no longer shivering as he looked down at his empty hands, the day had warmed up quite a lot.

“Jocks stole my money.” He replied simply, shaking his hair out of his eyes.

“Fucking jocks. Here, have some of this.” Matt said, handing Sonny some of his lunch.

Sonny thanked Matt and ate it. Just then Travis and Derek arrived together, and sat down.

They all talked for a bit until they were interrupted by the loud beeping of Sonny’s cell phone, alerting him he had a text message. The other guys looked away and resumed their conversation as Sonny pressed buttons on his phone until the message appeared.

He read it, a confused look on his face. Why did he keep getting all these texts? Who was this person who kept bugging him? So many questions, all questions that he couldn’t answer.

He placed his phone back in his pocket and kept talking with the guys. About ten minutes went on until a different sound filled the air, Sonny’s ring tone. Someone was calling him now. He whipped his phone back out of his pocket and looked at the number. He didn’t recognise it and didn’t particularly feel like talking on the phone right now, so he ignored it, putting it in his pocket once again. Two minutes passed until it made the beeping noise, telling him he had new voicemail.

“Will that thing ever shut up?” Travis asked, sarcastically.

Sonny ignored him and put the phone to his ear, the cool metal sending a chill down his spine. He listened carefully to the message, it was hard to hear even in the furthest corner of the quadrangle, the loud voices carried from the centre to the outsides.

The message finished playing and Sonny slowly pulled the phone from his ear.

“Guys, this is so weird…” Sonny began.

“What?” Derek asked.

“That message.” Sonny replied.

“Who was it?” Matt asked now.

“I dunno… but I think it’s the person who keeps sending me all those texts.” Sonny said, scratching his forehead.

“Well do you know them?” Derek pushed for an answer to Matt’s question.

“No, at least I don’t think so.”

“How long has this been going on for?”

“A few weeks, nearly a month.”

“Strange… so what do all these texts say?”

“Different things, a bunch of random shit, but whoever this person is knows my name, not just my first name my last name too, and they seem to know where I hang out.”

The guys talked for a while on the subject and came to no real conclusion. Though none of them knew it, the most seemingly harmless and playful suggestion when they were joking around was actually the horrible truth that would haunt Sonny…