Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:
Sonny and Derek were… uh… in need of a room, as you could put it, and Travis could see Matt shielding his eyes and telling them to stop. Travis approached, and also told them to stop, and sat next to Matt. They stopped, and laughed, and Matt and Travis looked at each other.

“I’ll never be able to eat pizza the same way again.” Matt said, looking sadly at his slice of pizza that he’d half eaten.

“Guys look what you did! Matt will never be able to eat pizza the same way again!” Travis joked.

“At least not one with the hot toppings… nothing suss or anything… that’s just seriously the kind of pizza I’m eating, damn coincidences!” Matt smiled.

Sonny and Derek laughed and Travis just sat there, looking more disgusted. “Matt, that’s just, you’re just, STOP FILLING MY BRAIN WITH THOSE IMAGES!” Travis half yelled. “It’s frightening me!”

Sonny and Derek laughed even harder, and Matt laughed too.

“Aww, I’m sorry Travvy, I didn’t know I was making you unhappy.” Matt joked in a baby voice.

“Matthew Good, if you don’t shut up right now I am going to kick your ass!” Travis threatened.

Sonny and Derek were in hysterics now. They hadn’t had a good laugh for ages. They all sat, joking around for the rest of lunch, when the bell rang.

Sonny, Derek and Matt all had the same class now, and Sonny and Derek were particularly happy about being able to spend even more time together. Sonny and Derek sat next to each other, and Matt sat in the desk behind them.

Matt could see them inconspicuously whispering things to each other - a few of the words Matt unfortunately caught - and his mind kept returning to the sight of them at lunch time. My poor mind, my poor, poor mind, Matt thought to himself. They’re bad boys! Just listen to what they’re talking about, no, I don’t want to…they had to say all the dirty words louder than the others, didn’t they? They’re just trying to pollute my mind more and more!

Okay, so Matt was half joking to himself, but his mind still was filled with many images, that his mind had unfortunately, automatically picked up. Damn my mind. Damn my mind to hell! And Matt for God’s sake stop talking to yourself!

-Meanwhile-

Travis met up with Simone again, in the current class, which was… ugh… art. Which they both disliked.

At first sight Travis knew something was wrong. He looked at her face, it was different. Where it had been of it’s usual color was now becoming a purple color. Nothing too obvious, but it was a bruise. As he looked closer he saw a few more of these.

“Simone, what happened?” He asked. He was sitting next to her; they had to finish the partner projects. Ha. Finish. Travis and Simone hadn’t even started.

“Nothing.” She said very quietly.

“Sim… I know something happened. You have bruises.” He said.

“It’s nothing, Travis.” She repeated.

“Simone, what happened? Did you fall over?” He asked.

She didn’t reply. Something, something terrible, came to Travis’ mind then. Something terrible, but a definite possibility.