Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:
“Did he hit you?” Travis asked, his voice to a whisper now.

She didn’t reply, once again.

“Simone, tell me damn it!” Travis whispered, concerned.

“Yes.” She whispered.

Hutcheson was the infamous jock from the bus; the one who had a history with Travis in particular. In primary school, Travis and Hutcheson had been good friends. It was that fateful day in year six that changed everything…

-Flashback, five years ago, Travis’ POV-

Me and my best friend Hutch sat together before the bell rang to start school. We were talking about this new kid that was starting in our grade today. He hadn’t arrived yet, and we didn’t know anything about him, even his name, but we were looking forward to him coming. There was always that slight chance he’d like to be our friend.

Hutch and I weren’t popular, we didn’t have any friends except each other, we were both losers, loners, outcasts. The popular kids taunted us daily, and we were just two twelve year olds that couldn’t defend ourselves.

We saw the new kid arrive. He walked to our classroom, not escorted by anyone. The car that had dropped him off was an old bomb that’s engine sounded like it was about to die at any second. Loud techno music played through the car’s stereo system as it drove away, leaving this kid on his own.

He arrived at our classroom, his sandy blonde hair blowing around crazily. His emerald eyes looked around the place, and as he walked past me and Hutch, I could smell alcohol and cigarettes on his clothes.

Hutch and I got up, and went over to him. He looked a little lost and confused, standing at his bag after he’d put it on the bag rack.

“Hey. I’m Hutch. What’s your name?” Hutch said as he reached him. I was a little behind Hutch and hadn’t arrived yet.

“Moulds.” He replied. “It’s a nickname, don’t worry, but everyone just ends up calling me Moulds anyway.”

I reached ‘Moulds’ then and made to introduce myself. I held out my hand for him to shake, “Hi, I’m-”

“Shut up, fag.” Moulds said, cutting me off and punching me in the stomach. I moaned in pain and Moulds walked off laughing. Hutch looked awkwardly at me before following Moulds.


-End flashback, regular POV (No one’s POV)-

And that’s how easy it was for my best friend to ditch me and become a jock, now my worst enemy. Moulds being my second worst enemy, Travis thought.

“He hit you? Hutch? Sim… that’s terrible… are you ok? Is it hurting? Did you break up with him? Why did he do it?” Travis asked about a thousand questions all at once.

“I’m okay, just shocked I suppose. It’s a bit sore, but it’s fine, don’t worry. I didn’t break up with him and I don’t know why he did it. I just got back after talking to you, he lead me over to somewhere where no one could see us, and he just hit me, four times, then just walked away.” Simone explained.

“Sim, he hit you. You’re not going to stay with him, are you?”

“No, no, of course not. I just don’t want to break up with him alone.”

“I’ll come with you.”

“Are you kidding? He’d beat you up too. I know about you’re history with him.”

“I don’t care. He’s done it thousands of times before. Come on, we’ll do it in between the next classes.”

“No, I just really don’t want to talk to him right now. Can we do it tomorrow?”

“Sure. Just as long as you’re okay.”

“I am.”

After school ended, Derek and Sonny reluctantly went their separate ways, Derek returning home because he hadn’t seen his family for a few days. Sonny and Derek lived in opposite directions of the town, so they had to walk alone the whole way.

Sonny walked up his street, and noticed some sort of black object in the centre of his driveway. What is that? As he got closer, he still couldn’t figure it out, not until he was only a few metres away. It was a cat, dead, a knife through it’s chest, the knife still there. Between the knife and the cat was a piece of paper.

Sonny hesitated before bending down and pulling the blood covered knife out of the cat’s chest. He grabbed the sticky note, covered in blood around the edges, but he could still make out the words.

“You’re next, Sonny boy.”