Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:
Sonny freaked out a little at the sight of the lifeless cat, and even more when he read the note. ‘You’re next, Sonny boy?’ What the fuck was the supposed to mean?

Sonny left his place, leaving the cat where it was, fleeing to Derek’s house.

When he arrived, he ran into the house without knocking, and ran straight up to Derek’s room. He received a strange look from Derek’s mom as she saw him pass through the house.

He burst into Derek’s room, where Derek was shirtless, his hair dripping after he’d just had a shower. “Sonny, what happened?”

“Dead cat, note.” Sonny replied, knowing it didn’t make sense, and leaned into Derek’s cool chest.

“What?” Derek asked, wrapping his arms around Sonny.

“I got home, and there was a dead cat in the driveway. It had a knife through it, and a note that said ‘You’re next, Sonny boy.’” Sonny explained.

“I shouldn’t have left you alone.” Derek said.

“It’s not your fault Derek, you had to come home. Can I stay here tonight?” Sonny asked, nuzzling into Derek’s chest even more.

“Of course you can.” Derek replied, embracing Sonny more.

“Wait, I don’t have any clothes.” Sonny pointed out.

“You don’t need them.” Derek said with a cheeky grin, trying to lighten the mood.

“You have such a dirty mind.” Sonny laughed.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Derek’s cell phone went off, ringing, and Derek let Sonny go to go over and pick it up. “Hey Travis.” Derek said, recognising it was Travis by the caller ID.

“Derek, um, Simone’s having this thing tonight, she’s having a few people over to her house, some of her friends, and she told me I could ask some of my friends. You and Sonny wanna come?”

“I’ll ask Sonny.” Derek said, taking the phone from his ear. “Sonny, Simone’s having some friends over, Travis asked us if we want to go, so what do you think?”

“Yeah, we can go. It’ll be good, take my mind of things for a bit.”

“I have other ways of doing that, dear Sonny.”

“Hey! I heard that!”

“Sorry Travis… we’re in.”

“Cool. I’ll pick you up in 30.”

“Ok. See you soon.”

“Bye.”

Derek and Sonny didn’t do much in that half hour, and they both heard when Travis’ car arrived outside. Derek had just gotten a shirt on and the two went downstairs, Derek waving goodbye to his mom in the kitchen, and out they went.

Matt was there, sitting in the front passenger seat, and Sonny and Derek got in the car, sitting in the back. Travis drove off to Simone’s house, glancing at the address he had written on the back of his hand as they got closer. They parked on the side of the street and got out of Travis’ old car.

The four walked to the door and just before Travis could knock the door opened. Simone had opened the door, and she let the four of them in. As they walked in they saw four people in addition to Simone: Gillian, Megan, Josie and a girl that none of them knew.

Simone was wearing her hair as she usually (always) does, in a pony tail. She was wearing a medium blue shirt with some dark blue track pants. Simone loves track pants, so comfortable. She was wearing no make up, as usual (always) also.

Gillian had on a light green singlet and some light colored plain jeans. She had her strawberry blonde hair tamed by three hair bands: two at the top and one at the bottom, securing the plait.

Josie was wearing a yellow top, with styled jeans that complemented the excessively bright shade of yellow. Her dark hair was out, it’s curls twisting naturally through the air.

The other girl had on a black shirt and some dark blue jeans. Her hair, like Simone’s, was in a single pony tail at the back of her head.

“Hey guys. This is Gillian, Megan and Josie, who you all know, and this is my old friend Jess, we were friends at my old school in the other town. She’s staying up here for a week before she moves here. Um, Jess, that’s Travis, Matt, Sonny, and Derek.” She pointed to each of them as she said their name.

Everyone spread out a bit, got to know each other a bit better, or at all. Sonny and Derek hung around for a bit before both… ahem… conveniently heading off towards the bathroom. They passionately kissed each other, Sonny running his hands down Derek’s back, Derek messing up Sonny’s hair, until the bathroom door burst open.