Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen:
Static.

“Hello?” Sonny repeated.

More static.

“Hello!” Sonny said with more urgency in his voice.

“I’m… coming…” A voice on the other end of the line whispered harshly.

Beep.

The line had been cut off. Sonny shakily shut his shiny black clamshell phone, and leaned into Derek’s warm chest for comfort. Derek softly stroked Sonny’s hair and whispered assuring things into his cute little ears.

“Derek…” Sonny said softly. “He said… he said he… was coming…”

Derek lightly stroked Sonny’s trembling hand as an attempt to calm him down, poor boy, a few hot tears ran down his face. Derek wiped them away with his hand, Sonny still looking down, not paying attention to the hand making contact with his face. Sonny looked up then, his deep brown eyes connecting with Derek’s light shade of well-shaped eyes.

Matt looked on with concern in his gorgeous-in-every-way-possible eyes, Sonny buried his head into Derek’s shoulder, and Matt placed a comforting hand on Sonny’s middle upper back.

“Why?” Sonny murmured so softly into Derek’s shoulder that Derek and Matt barely heard.

Derek moved a hand into Sonny’s hair, softly, slowly, messing it up, soothingly, massaging his head. He placed his other hand lightly on Sonny’s upper thigh, and planted a kiss on Sonny’s full lips.

At any other time, Sonny’s pants would be a little tighter, but right now, he was too… overwhelmed by emotions. He just didn’t get it! Why?! Derek felt so bad for Sonny.

“Sonny Bunny…” Derek whispered, pressing his lips to Derek’s ear, giving his words a clear path.

“Sonny, is there anything I can do?” Matt asked.

“Not right now,” Sonny replied, moving his head from Derek’s shoulder while he spoke. “But can Derek and I be alone for a while?”

“Yeah, I’m getting out of here! I don’t want to see thatagain!” Matt said, trying to lighten the mood, but the look on Sonny’s face, and the tear that trickled down his cheek gave him the feeling that Sonny and Derek weren’t planning on doing it again.

Matt left then and headed off to Travis’ house, to hang with him for a while. His dear friend Travis. Customs like knocking had well fallen out of tradition with he and Travis too. He walked in the front door, and approached Travis’ room, where he expected to find Travis playing his shiny electric guitar, without the amp though, because the neighbours complain that he plays too much.

Well, today was a bad day for poor Matt. It wasn’t bad enough that he saw his dear friend Derek fucking his dear friend Sonny, but he walked in on Travis and Megan sexing each other up.

Oh, poor Matt.

“Oh fuck, Jesus Danger!” Matt swore, going back out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

Travis saw Matt leave so he felt no need to stop was he was doing. Matt walked, away from that place, away from Derek’s place. Where in the world was there people who weren’t busy fucking each other?

He walked over to Jess’ place, as he didn’t exactly expect to find her with anyone. This was the first time he hadn’t interrupted anything. Maybe because he knocked, but then again probably not just because he knocked, because Jess answered the door.

“Hey,” she greeted.

“Hey. I’m back again. I’ve been… no, you don’t want to know where I’ve been,” he said. “Wanna go out, get something to eat… or something?”

“Sounds good,” she replied, and they walked into the dark night that had become.

They walked and talked, their exact destination unknown. They somehow wandered into a bad, bad area of the town.

It was quiet. Too quiet.

Until the two of them heard yelling nearby. They heard a male scream. The voices were familiar, and the scream belonged to someone they knew.

They ran into the ally way, the picture painted clearly, effortlessly displaying to them what had happened.

A body lay on the ground, moaning in agony, another being hovering over it… holding a bloody knife.