Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen:
Matt and Jess ran to the scene. The being with the knife saw them approaching, and hastily turned and ran. There was nothing they could do about that, they had to help the body on the ground. Matt bent down, realising who it was.

“Moulds?” Matt asked.

“Yeah,” Moulds whispered. “Now hurry up and call de ambulance.” Even in a state of pain, such a fragile state, the bitterness in his now raspy voice never ceased. Jess got out her cell phone and walked a few steps away from Matt and Moulds while she took the call.

“They’ll be here soon,” Jess said, putting her phone back in her jeans pocket.

Matt attempted to help Moulds, so he took off his shirt, crumpled it up into a ball, and applied it with some pressure to Moulds’ stabbing wound.

“I can do dat,” Moulds hissed, holding the shirt to his stomach.

“What is your problem? We’re just trying to help. We could have left you here to rot,” Matt defended.

“Matt…” Jess said softly. She didn’t want anything worse to happen.

“Sorry,” he whispered to Jess before aiming the next question at Moulds. “Moulds, who did this to you?”

“It was Hutch,” Moulds replied calmly, perhaps the most calmly and down to earth he’d ever spoken in his life, certainly the most so that Matt had ever heard, Jess too, since she didn’t know him.

“Hutch? Hutcheson?” Matt asked in a shocked tone.

“Yeah, Hutch, my best friend Hutch,” Moulds said, his voice breaking.

“Simone’s ex, Hutch?” Jess asked, though she was pretty sure she knew the answer.

“Yeah,” Matt replied in a whisper, wrapping his arm around Jess in the cold of the night. Without a shirt on he was freezing. Freezing, but sexy, Jess thought. But that wasn’t what was important. Simone’s ex boyfriend and major asshole Hutcheson had just stabbed his alleged best friend and fellow asshole, Moulds.

“But… why?” Matt asked.

“I dunno, he asked me if he could borrow my ride for the night, he was headin’ to da club. I said no, and de next thing I know I’m lying on de ground a-dog being stabbed,” Moulds explained.

“A-dog?” Matt asked.

“Yeah, a-dog, after,” Moulds cleared up.

“Right…” Matt said.

Yeah, because we all replace the word after with a-dog, Jess thought with sarcasm present in her brain.

-Meanwhile, at Derek’s place-

Derek and Sonny rolled around on the floor of Derek’s bedroom, lips locked together, neither of them clothed. Derek moaned in delight and it sent happy chills up Sonny’s spine. They were interrupted by the ringing of Derek’s cell.

It was Matt on the phone, asking if they wouldn’t mind walking there and picking Jess up. He didn’t have time to explain it all to Sonny and Derek, but he was going to ride in the ambulance with Moulds, and he didn’t want Jess to walk alone in such a bad area. Derek lived only about five minutes walk to the street they were on, an outer edge street of the bad neighbourhood so close to the good ‘hood Derek lived in.

Derek and Sonny agreed and set out for the street. They arrived, conveniently in time with the ambulance. The ambulance officers climbed out of the vehicle and loaded Moulds in the back on a stretcher.

Sonny, Derek and Jess watched as the ambulance drove off, lights flashing, siren blaring, wailing. They were going to walk Jess all the way back to her place, since she was a little shaken up, and, well, she didn’t exactly know how to find her place from here, especially at night.

Neither of the three felt particularly comfortable walking through these sorts of streets at night, so they aspired to get out of them as quickly as they could. The quickest way to get out of the bad streets however still involved walking a block or two through them.

They walked past a house, lights on, yelling, and they could see through the window two people, a male and female who looked to be of about twenty five years of age, fighting, arguing, yelling at each other. Anger filled on their faces as they shouted profanities at each other. A little boy who only looked about five sat in the corner, shaking, crying, closing his eyes as if shutting them would make it all go away. If only it was that easy.

The three quickly walked past that house as they heard the window they’d been looking through smash as an object of some sorts was thrown through it. Sonny grasped Derek’s hand a little tighter as Jess walked a few steps behind the two.

They turned out of that street and into a small lane, a dark alleyway. These places weren’t the sorts of places you wanted to hang out in at night time, and the three walked quickly in attempt to get the hell out of there.

Sonny and Derek’s feet walked quickly along the broken cement sidewalk until Jess grabbed at their shoulders and yanked them back.

“We can’t go this way.” She said in a firm but frightened sounding voice, her eyes gazing in horror at the other end of the street at the approaching figure.