Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Two

Chapter Two:
-One week later-
Sonny sat in the principle, Mr. Jeffson’s office, staring at the chocolate brown walls and green carpet. He though this room looked rather like a pool table, with the brown and green.

Mr. Jeffson was lecturing him on a bunch of stuff, he wasn’t really listening to him, just staring at the repetitive, yet, hypnotizing, brown and green.

He was in trouble for his cell phone going off multiple times in class. That person was still bugging him. He shifted in the chair he was sitting on, opposite the overweight male principle that was Mr. Jeffson.

“Mr. Moore, pay attention.” Mr. Jeffson snapped, interrupting himself.

Sonny looked at the principle and made it look like he was listening until he had finally finished his lecture, and Sonny got up and left, heading to lunch, which he’d missed the first ten minutes of no thanks to Mr. Jeffson.

He got some lunch and went to join his friends. They asked where he’d been and he told them. Derek was the one to ask in more detail, asking why he had to go. Sonny explained that his phone had gone off too many times and he’d gotten in trouble for it.

Sonny was still receiving all of those strange texts. He hadn’t got another voicemail message from them, but many many texts. To be honest they were beginning to REALLY annoy him, and also beginning to frighten him a bit with the words written in the texts.

They didn’t always make complete sense, but they always seemed to be using words like ‘murder’ and ‘death’ and ‘massacre’ and ‘disease’ and ‘pestilence,’ those kinds of words.

Sonny was positive by now it wasn’t the jocks; they wouldn’t have kept this up this long. They’re too busy beating up people and playing football and hanging with their girlfriends to keep pulling a stunt like this.

Travis and Matt weren’t all that worried at this stage, sure it was strange, but it could just be someone with a wrong number, thinking they’re texting to their friend or someone they know, since Sonny hadn’t replied to any of the messages.

Derek was really worried though. He cared for Sonny a lot and didn’t like the sound of all this. This had been going on too long now. Derek decided he’d talk to Sonny alone.

“Hey, Sonny, can I talk to you for a minute?” Derek asked. Sonny nodded, standing up and following Derek away from the others.

“Sonny, we really need to talk about these messages you’re getting.” Derek began.

“Yeah, I know, they’re really weird, but what can I do?” Sonny asked. This had been puzzling him for some time now.

“I don’t know. But we should do something, this has got to be annoying you by now.” Derek replied, inconspicuously gazing at Sonny. He’s beautiful…wait this isn’t what I should be focussing on right now, stop it Derek!

“Hmm. Now that’s a thinker.” Sonny replied. Derek laughed, as did Sonny.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, deep in thought, trying to come up with solutions. Sonny was staring at a tree, taking in it’s every detail. Derek stared at a nearby garden, occasionally (ok, so very often) sneaking glances at Sonny.

“Well I haven’t got a long term solution, but for now how about turning your phone off in class.” Derek suggested, getting up.

“That’s a good idea, Derek.” Sonny laughed, also getting up. They made their way back over to the others. They sat back down and resumed normal conversation until the bell rang, signalling they had to return to class.

Derek, Travis and Matt got up, Sonny about to, when his phone went off again, telling him he had another text.

The other guys had wandered a few metres away, and when they turned around and saw Sonny still sitting on the ground Travis called to him, “Sonny, you coming?”

“Yeah, in a minute. You guys go ahead.” Sonny replied, getting the message onto his screen.

Sonny, oh Sonny, I can see you. I’m watching you’re every move. I can see you by that big oak tree. You’re alone now. All alone, in this world full of pestilence and murderrrr. Sonny, enjoy today, as you will not live to see tomorrow. This is you’re warning………