Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One:
Travis’ scream was useless, pointless. It all happened in a second. Travis screamed. Simone stepped onto the road. And a car, driving with no headlights, driving at a high speed, hit Simone.

Her body flew into the air and the car kept on driving, as if the driver didn’t care. They couldn’t possibly think they’d just hit a cat or something; Simone’s body had hit the windscreen and flown over the top of the car before falling to the hard bitumen road.

Travis instinctively ran to the road, checking Simone’s pulse. In the dark of the night he couldn’t see much, but he could definitely see a pool of blood forming around her head.

“Fuck,” he mumbled. He lifted her head off the ground to inspect her injuries. In the darkness he couldn’t see much but the sticky blood that was sticking her hair together as it began to dry in the humid night.

He searched his pockets for his cell. He realised after checking each one that he’d left his cell at home. He lifted Simone off the ground and ran as swiftly and smoothly as he could. He was heading back to Megan’s. Her house was the closest around here that he knew.

He ran, ran, ran, until he arrived back at her doorstep. He knocked loudly at the door, shouting, “Megan, it’s Travis, I need to get in!”

Megan opened the door with a confused look on her face, which was relieved of confusion and instead filled with shock when she saw Travis carrying Simone, blood dripping off her in various different places.

“What happened!?” Megan asked as she moved out of the doorway making room for Travis to come in.

“She was hit by a car,” Travis explained, resting Simone on the rug in the centre of the quaint lounge room. “Call the ambulance for fucks sake!”

Megan ran off, almost tripping on the turned up corner of the cream and brown area rug, and called the ambulance. She returned to Travis who had a towel pressed firmly against Simone’s head to try and stop the bleeding.

“Get another towel,” Travis ordered, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead. Megan raced off to the towel cupboard that Travis had obviously found beforehand. She grabbed the first towel her hands touched, a fluffy white towel. She took it back out to Travis who sat on the ground with Simone.

Tears stung at his eyes as he said, “Her breathing is slowing.”

-Five hours later-

“God, Derek, you just can’t get enough, can you?”

“It’s been a while.”

“It’s been five hours!”

“That’s a long time.”

“You’re fucking horny.”

“Yeah, so?”

“You want me.”

“What, you’re sexy!”

“You win. I can’t say that I don’t want to. That would be a lie. A big, big lie.” Sonny planted short kisses on Derek’s full lips. Derek’s lips weren’t the only part of his body that was full, if you know what I mean…

“I’m feeling rather… creative… tonight,” Derek said with a smirk.

“Really?” Sonny asked, brushing a strand of hair out of his eye.

“Fuck yes,” Derek said, kissing Sonny hard. Sonny nibbled softly on Derek’s lower lip, begging without words for entry into Derek’s mouth. Derek parted his lips a little and Sonny’s tongue hungrily explored Derek’s mouth as if he would never get the chance again. “I have some handcuffs in my cupboard,” Derek whispered seductively as he trailed kisses down Sonny’s neck.

“Handcuffs, hey?” Sonny said in response, his skin tingling with delight where Derek’s warm lips had touched.

“Oh yeah,” Derek said, wiggling his eyebrows cheekily.

“Go get them.” Sonny’s eyes followed Derek’s sexy ass as he walked to his cupboard to fetch the handcuffs. He returned to the bed, a cheeky grin playing across his face. He put the cuffs on Sonny’s wrists, around the head of the bed, containing him to the area he was currently in. Derek had attached them cleverly, so Sonny could roll over all 360 degrees without any difficulty.

Sonny lay on his back as Derek kissed his lips. He worked Sonny’s shirt off before his hands found Sonny’s jeans where he carefully unbuttoned the one button. He undid the zip with his teeth and Sonny smiled, his hips bucking slightly in anticipation.

He pulled Sonny’s jeans off to reveal his boxers which were sporting a huge bulge. Derek slowly slipped Sonny’s boxers off his body. The body that Derek loved so much.

“Now roll over,” Derek whispered softly, his lips brushing lightly against the tip of Sonny’s ear. Before Sonny could turn his unclothed body over, Derek’s lips caught Sonny’s. Derek enjoyed the feeling of Sonny’s snakebites more than ever before, before placing a hand to Sonny’s back, giving him a light push to signal to Sonny that he was ready for him to turn over.

Sonny steadily rolled over, aware of what was going to happen next, shaking in anticipation. Sonny smiled as Derek entered him, to weld the two of them together as one.

“Are you two here to see Miss Simone (think of your own last name for her privacy)?” A doctor at the hospital asked.

She looked only to be in her late twenties, early thirties at most, but her constant frown of worry, concern, and concentration has taken its toll, leaving some wrinkles on her fairly pale skin. Her light blue eyes shone with the light that bounced off the monotonous white walls, and a blue shower cap like hat covered her blonde hair that was tied neatly into a bun.

The stethoscope hanging from around her neck completed Travis and Megan’s assumption that she was the doctor who had seen Simone.

“Yes, how is she?” Travis said quickly, brushing his tangled hair out of his face.

“Not too well, I’m afraid. She’s in a coma,” the doctor explained.

“But she’ll wake up, won’t she?” Travis asked, his eyebrows knotting together.

“That’s the thing… with this kind of head injury, if they don’t come out of the coma in 24 hours, it’s unlikely, near impossible, that they ever will,” the doctor said with a look of sympathy showing on her face.

“No… no, it can’t be…” Travis said, in denial.

“I’m terribly sorry, sir. We’ve done all we can. Please, don’t lose hope.” She paused before continuing. “If, that’s if she doesn’t wake up, we’ll have to speak to her parents so they can make a decision whether or not to pull the life support. Poor girl hit her head hard.”

"Whether or not to pull the life support? Of course they won’t fucking pull the life support! She’s their daughter for fucks sake, they won’t just let her die!” Travis defended, rising from his seat, heat and passion in his voice.

“Sir, please try to calm down, the decision is not yours to make, you are just a young boy, you don’t have the knowledge, the responsibility, required to think you know the answer to such a question!” The doctor said.

Bad idea.

“Don’t have the responsibility, hey? I fucking pulled her off the street! I took her to Megan’s house so she could call the ambulance to get her to this fucking place while I held a fucking towel to her head to try and stop her from dying of fucking blood loss!” Travis said, his eyes glistening with rage.

“Travis…” Megan said soothingly, in attempt to calm her enraged boyfriend down.

“Don’t worry Megan. Just get me out of this fucking place,” Travis said, storming away.

“Travis!” Megan called. Travis didn’t turn his head, just kept walking. Walking out of the hospital, away from the hospital… anywhere.

Sonny stirred, and woke. He gazed out the window, where a hazy mist cast an eerie effect on the rising sun. He touched a hand to his wrist, no longer handcuffed, remembering a few hours ago when he had been handcuffed, to this very bed, to be precise.

He turned over to see Derek looking happily back at him. “Good morning my Sonnyshine!” Derek said in a cheery tone.

“Someone’s in a good mood today,” Sonny replied.

“Why wouldn’t I be? After last night…” Derek said, tucking one of the many loose strands of hair behind Sonny’s ear.

“Ha ha, oh yeah,” Sonny smiled, getting up, and heading into the bathroom.

“I’ll go get us some breakfast,” Derek called into Sonny who was now using the toilet. Derek left the room, going to get breakfast like he said he would.

Sonny flushed, washed his hands, and walked back into Derek’s room, rubbing his eyes. Something caught his eye as he walked, and he paused to see what it was. It was an envelope with a dark crimson ribbon tied cleanly around it, in a bow. The neat running writing read ‘Sonny’ and Sonny approached it.

A perplexed expression filled his face; he swore that it wasn’t there before he went into the bathroom. He ripped the ribbon off, sitting on Derek’s bed and read.

“I have a feast for us,” Derek said with a smile as he re-entered his bedroom, the rising sun making his hair glow a shiny shade of red. He carried a tray which held bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes, cream, jam, maple syrup, fresh fruit, tomato sauce, toast, a pot of tea, some milk, sugar, and two rather quaint looking tea cups for the tea. He had knives, forks, spoons, and sporks, and his grin disappeared quickly when he saw the expression on Sonny’s face.