Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two:
‘I’ll go get us some breakfast.’
Isn’t that what Derek just said? You were in the bathroom, Sonny. That’s right. I know. Anything but that would be a lie. A LIE I say. And do you know what they say about lying? It’s not good, Sonny, not good.
You know your precious Derek can’t stay with you forever. The second he leaves you, I’m going to be there Sonny, I’m going to be there, and I am going to run a blade across your stomach. You’ll feel the cool metal collide with your skin, and you’ll cry for me to let you go. And am I going to?
No.
After teasing you with the blade I will press the point against your cheek. I’ll place it on your upper lip. You’ll be able to smell the scent of the blade. The scent of death. You’ll scream as I scar that pretty face of yours. You’ll cry for help when I make a long, deep cut down your arm. But no one will hear you scream. No one but me.
Sexy little Sonny Moore is going to be surrounded in a pool of his own blood as I watch him struggle, trying to break free of the ropes I’ll have tied around your wrists. The ropes that are connecting you to the table.
If I could make some more money, I’d put metal restrainers on your wrists attaching you to my table. My testing table, in my laboratory.
Sonny, I’ll tell you this now.
Once someone enters my laboratory, they only escape when the sun rises in the north and the blue raven creates an eclipse.
Has that ever happened before?
No.
Good luck, Sonny.
Good luck persuading me to let you live.
I love you.
But sometimes you have to hurt those you love.


“Sonny…” Derek began. He didn’t know what to say. That letter was pretty weird.

“Who the fuck is doing this!?” Sonny cried.

“I dunno, Sonny, but it will be okay. It will. I’m not going to let anything happen to you and there’s no way in hell I’m gonna leave you alone,” Derek said soothingly, stroking Sonny’s hair as he buried his head further into Derek’s chest.

“But why… I don’t get why this is happening…” Sonny said quietly, his words muffled by Derek’s chest.

Derek didn’t have an answer to that question. He tried to think of something comforting to say, but he ended up saying nothing, just kept stroking Sonny’s hair.

-Meanwhile, at the hospital-

Megan walked with tired eyes to the hospital café. She hadn’t slept all night. She ordered a coffee, paid, sat down at one of the tables, and drank. She needed this caffeine to keep her awake.

About half way through the coffee she was joined by a surprised Matt.

“Megan? What are you doing here?” he asked, rubbing his eyes and sitting next to her, coffee in hand.

“Simone was hit by a car last night.” She yawned. “Why are you here?”

“Moulds was stabbed,” Matt said, pausing before continuing, “by Hutch.”

“Hutch?” Megan said, surprised.

Matt nodded. “Me and Jess found Moulds last night. We saw Hutch run off, but we didn’t know it was him until Moulds told us. Is Jess here too?”

“No. I was going to call her after the coffee. Gillian and Josie, too.”

“So how’s Simone?”

“Pretty bad. She’s in a coma. If she doesn’t wake up by tomorrow, they… they might pull the life support…” A tear ran down her face.

“Oh my god,” Matt said.

Two doctors came out then, and announced they had to talk to Megan. She walked off with them, knowing not what to expect.

“Megan, we have something we have to tell you. It’s about Simone…” One of the doctors trailed off, her voice in the level tone doctors always managed to maintain.

“Yes?” Megan squeaked.