Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three:
Derek sat on his bed, rocking Sonny in his arms. “It’ll be okay, Sonny,” Derek said quietly. Silent tears trickled down Sonny’s face, glistening in the morning sunlight.

“I’ll never leave you,” Derek whispered. “I’ll never let them hurt you.”

Sonny looked up at Derek who gave him a weak smile. Sonny gave Derek a weak smile back. “I love you,” Sonny said, his tears ceasing.

“I love you too,” Derek said, breathing in Sonny’s scent.

-Meanwhile-

Matt walked into Moulds’ hospital room to find him awake at last.

“Hey,” Matt greeted.

“You can leave, Good, you don’t have to stay,” Moulds greeted in return, in a more sour tone than that of Matt’s.

“It’s fine,” Matt said.

“Don’t stay, forget our memories, forget our possibilities,” Moulds said bitterly.

“Dude, I fucking saved your ass,” Matt defended.

“What, you trying to get into a fight now, pretty boy?” Moulds yelled.

“No, I’m not. It’s okay, I’m gone,” Matt said, walking back out of Moulds’ white hospital room, his footsteps echoing down the long, white corridor.

-Also meanwhile-

“Thank God you’re awake,” Megan said, approaching Simone’s bed.

“Moving hurts.” Simone yawned.

“I bet it does.”

“So what happened to me? The last thing I remember I was just walking down the street, and now I’m here…”

“Sim, you were hit by a car.”

“Wow.” Simone’s expression was filled with shock. I was hit by a car? She couldn’t remember it all clearly, her head hurt like hell, as did the rest of her body.

-Once again, meanwhile!-

Jess was going for a morning walk. It was a rare event for her, as she never got up early, except for school. She was walking down a street not far from her house when she saw someone familiar strolling along on the other side of the road. His head was down and he was stumbling along the sidewalk, almost tripping multiple times.

“Travis?” Jess asked, crossing the street.

“Hey! That’s my name! Give it back!” he slurred angrily.

“Travis are you drunk?” Jess asked though it was fairly obvious.

“Me? Never!” He laughed wildly.

“Where’s Megan?” Jess asked, not sure she would get an answer…

“At the horspal,” Travis replied, stopping his laughter.

“Horspal?” Jess asked, confused.

“Yeah! The horspital!”

“The hospital?”

“That’s the one!”

“What? Why?”

“Because Simone was hit by a car and is in a coma and if she doesn’t wake up soon her parents are gonna kill her.”

Jess gasped and figured that Travis’ story wouldn’t be the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so she got out her cell and searched the phone book for Megan’s cell number. Of course, if Megan was in the hospital at that particular time, she would have her cell switched off, but Jess tried anyway.

It was off, so Jess decided she’d head to the hospital herself, to see if it were true. Of course, that was after she did something with Travis…

-Hours later, that night-

After spending the day at the hospital, Megan, Jess, and Matt decided they needed some food, and a break from the endless white that hospitals bare.

Megan announced that she was going to check on Travis, who Jess had taken back to his place when he was drunk hours before. She said she’d eat there, so Matt and Jess decided to just head off to some random place in town and find some food there.

They got some food, they ate, they each went home, what more is there to it? There happens to be a lot more to it. After finishing the dinner, Matt and Jess walked along the streets. You would really think that these people would have learned by now not to travel at night in dark alleys, but no!

They were walking along a street, and first thing that happened was Jess’ cell phone rang. She answered it, and it was Gillian. You know, Gillian, Simone’s friend.

“Hello?”

“Hey Jess, it’s Gillian. Look, I have to tell you something.”

“What is it?”

“Last night, before Simone was hit by the car, I was talking to her, on the phone. She didn’t know it, but I was just across the street, I was looking out the window at one of my friends places. I saw Simone and I was about to tell her I was across the road but this car comes out of nowhere and hits Simone. I was shocked, and I pressed something on my phone, and it took a picture. I didn’t really look at it, I was about to run outside but Simone disappeared.” Gillian took a deep breath, then continued. “I looked at the picture today, and I swear it was Hutch driving the car…”

Matt had been listening to the conversation by bending down a little, since he was so tall, and straining his ears to hear the soft voice coming from the phone. He heard it all, though.

“Put me on for a second,” Matt said. He looked like he was thinking. Strange. Jess obeyed and handed the phone to Matt.

“What did the car look like?”

“Who’s this?” Gillian asked, sounding confused.

“No one seems to know who I am these days… it’s Matt.”

“Who’s Matt?”

“It doesn’t matter… wait, you should know me, I was at that party at Simone’s house a few nights ago… there were only like eight people there!” Matt said. Jess rolled her eyes, and Matt dropped that subject. “Just tell me what the car looked like.”

“It was red, sporty looking, strange looking wheels-”

“That’s Moulds’ car… Thanks Gillian. Bye,” Matt said before he hung up. “Hutch hit Simone.”

“She deserves to know…” Jess trailed off.

“I know. Follow me, I know a shortcut back to the hospital,” Matt said, darting into a dark alleyway. Jess followed. They stepped quickly before they got a surprising visit from someone up the end who they did not want to meet…