Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Three

Chapter Three:
Sonny read the words and let out a small gasp. He ran to catch up with the guys and showed them the message. They thought it was really weird, because it was. Derek was really worried and began to freak out the most.

“Sonny! Sonny! It’s like a murder note, like a suicide note but not! Sonny okay you have to make sure you stay around lots of people okay stay in crowds, are you gonna be home alone tonight? You’re not come to my place.” Derek said. He was talking really fast. He barely breathed throughout those few sentences, though the sentences were all blended into one because of the speed at which they left his tongue.

Matt and Travis let out a small laugh, but they quickly regretted it when they realized that Derek mightn’t be overreacting at all.

They weren’t as convinced as Derek that it was real and not a joke, but that message was pretty creepy, so they backed up Derek with the whole ‘don’t be alone’ thing.

If he’s in a crowd, it’d be harder for him to die. Not die, be murdered. Sonny made arrangements, Travis was already planning to drive Matt home, so he’d drive Matt and Sonny to Sonny’s place to get some clothes for Derek’s and then he’d go to Derek’s place for the night.

They all ended up being late for class. Matt and Sonny had the same class. The teacher gave them a small lecture before they filled the remaining two seats. They ignored the comments the jocks said to them about them being late because they’d been getting naked with each other, to say the least.

After that class, Sonny was stuck in a class without any of the other guys, and the same jocks, plus others that had been informed since, kept bugging him about Matt. He continued to ignore them.

He’d blocked everything out when he felt something vibrating in his pocket. Oh shit. He thought to himself. I forgot to turn my phone off. Here comes another lecture… Sonny had his phone on vibrate for calls, texts and voicemail, as well as beeping and his ringtone for calls.

“Who’s phone is that?” Mrs Steinson asked in a firm and annoyed tone. “Mr Moore?”

“I think you mean Mr Queer.” One of the jocks said to his jock friends and they all laughed. Mrs Steinson hadn’t heard them, either. She was too busy walking towards Sonny, an angered look on her face.

“Mr Moore, I believe I’ve told you before not to bring that phone of yours into my classroom!” She exploded.

Sonny sat there, he knew there was more to come. She went on for about another five minutes and told him he had to see the principle again, tomorrow lunch. Great! Not… Sonny thought.

He got through the rest of the day, despite the repeated comments about him and Matt, and met Matt and Travis out front after the end of school bell rang. The three of them climbed into Travis’ old car. Though old, it ran surprisingly well, very well, indeed.

The three arrived at Sonny’s, he grabbed some clothes and carelessly threw them in a bag, grabbed his toothbrush and eyeliner, then quickly went back downstairs, out of the house, and back into the back of Travis’ car. Travis sped off down the road, and stopped again at Matt’s place. They went inside and got a drink and hung out there for about twenty minutes before Travis and Sonny left for Derek’s.

Travis pulled up out front and walked ahead of Sonny up to Derek’s front door. Sonny grabbed his bag and stalked Travis up there. Travis knocked on the door loudly, twice, and a few minutes later they were greeted by a rather cheerful looking Derek. Derek motioned for Travis and Sonny to enter, and they obeyed, walking into Derek’s house.

The three of them watched TV and did other stuff like that until about 9:30, when Travis decided to go home. Sonny and Derek heard the screeching of the tyres as Travis started the car in reverse instead of drive, and nearly wiped out some of the plants (ahem, weeds) out the front of Derek’s house.

NOTE: Ok this next part is in Derek’s POV, because it just makes it easier here:

Travis just avoided hitting the weeds out front. And I thought he was a good driver…anyway, I’m here with Sonny now, and we’re alone. The place is silent except for the TV, which is rather loud. The room is dark, except for the light coming from the TV screen. I was sitting on the two-seater lounge, and Sonny was sitting over on one of the recliners.

I looked over at Sonny, to see him shivering. The night had turned out pretty cold, and the little electrical heater was plugged into a power point closest to me, as the only other power point in the living room was behind the TV, and the TV took up all the little three prong sockets.

So that left the heater closest to me. I could see poor Sonny shivering from across the room, he was just wearing a tight t-shirt and his tight black jeans…he looked so sexy. Sexy and cold. I couldn’t just let him sit there, silently shivering away, now that I know he’s cold.

“Sonny, you look cold.” I stated the obvious.

“I am,” He nodded. “Freezing.”

“I don’t think this little heater does much for that side of the room, sorry.” I said, pausing before continuing. “You wanna come over here, it’s much warmer.” I patted the other side of the lounge I was sitting on.

He nodded, walking over to take a seat next to me. Emotions ran wildly through my body as he sat down, his hand accidentally grazing the side of my thigh. Whoa! Amazing… okay Derek… calm down now, Sonny isn’t gay, or bi even, and if he knew what you were thinking right now he’d think you were crazy! Besides, he’s here so he doesn’t get killed by some creep that keeps sending him texts! Okay, so focus on the matter at hand, not on, well, other things.

And stop talking to yourself.

End Derek’s POV, normal POV which is no one’s POV:

Derek and Sonny sat watching TV until a rather late hour of the night, (Derek secretly enjoying being so close to Sonny) when they both decided they’d had enough TV (mainly because all the good shows had finished a few hours ago).

Derek went to his room and put down a spare mattress for Sonny, even though he wanted him to sleep with him in his bed…but that wasn’t the point. Derek found Sonny blankets so he wouldn’t freeze, and Sonny laid down and drifted off to sleep as Derek watched from his bed.

-The next morning-

Derek and Sonny got up and got ready for school, and the school bus arrived just on time. They walked out to it and began climbing into the big yellow monster.

They both hated school buses. Heaps of the jocks all caught the same school bus, it was just another place for them to get beaten up.

They took a seat next to each other in about the middle of the bus. The jocks all sat up the back, and the nerdish people down the front. They both heard all the comments the jocks were making, how could they not, when they were saying them so loudly.

“Queer’s got himself a new boyfriend!” Derek only wished that Sonny was his boyfriend...

“Yeah, another emo fag!”

There’s no need to list anymore, I’m sure you get the idea.

“Fuck off.” Sonny mumbled under his breath, remaining in his seat, not bothering to turn around.

“What did you just say, Queer?” One of them said.

“I said, fuck off.” Sonny repeated, a little louder this time.

The jocks need not answer with words, their fists said more than their words could. One of them approached Sonny, lifting him into the isle of the bus by his shirt. He began beating him up, punching him several times, before Derek kicked the jock in his manly place, causing him to drop Sonny to the ground. Sonny climbed back into the seat next to Derek. The jock, once he’d regained his strength, punched Derek in the cheek once, before returning to his seat too.

-Later that morning-

Sonny and Derek were feeling better after the bus incident this morning, though they each had a bruise or two.

Sonny was walking around the place, he had a free class for studying and doing assignments, but he didn’t feel like doing that sort of thing. He walked, letting the cool breeze wash away all the troubles in his life, the troubles filling his mind.

He walked by some bushes, admiring their beauty, when all of a sudden a hand reached out and pulled Sonny into the bushes, covering his mouth with their big ugly hand.