Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Thirty Three

Chapter Thirty Three:
For something a little different, let’s have this in Megan’s POV:

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him! I HATE HIM! What a bastard! He broke up with me! And I know why, too. I know he likes that stupid bitch Simone. You know how I know that? Because he’s always looking at her. I’m not stupid. I can see he likes her. I can see it in his eyes.

I’m not jealous of her, am I? I’m not jealous of Simone, one of my best friends? Yeah, I am actually, and also very angry at her for stealing my boyfriend.

Come to think of it, I’ve always been jealous of her. She has the perfect life! She has a good family, a nice house, a dog, her parents have a fancy car, she has good friends, and now this. This. The thing I was most proud of in my life, my dear Travis. But I don’t like him anymore, not after what he did.

She has Travis.

Argh! I’m so mad at her right now! (And jealous…) I just want her to die! No, that’s terrible. But it’s true. Right now, I fucking hate her. And if she died, I could have my Travvy-babe back and I could stop being jealous of her!

I was in the hospital now, in the lift. The other people are looking at me strange, I think they can feel my anger or something.

I hate Travis. And even more so, I hate Simone. I fucking hate them with every single part of me.

I arrived at Simone’s floor. Wait, I don’t want to see her! Fuck this then, I’m leaving.

-End of Megan's POV, back to no one's POV:-

Travis wandered slowly back up to the hospital. No, he didn’t really want to be in a small room with Megan, even if there were three other people in there. He didn’t really want to get another slap on the cheek or kick in the shin. It hurt. He was doing the right thing, he knew that, and he thought that she knew that, too. She seemed to agree with him, but then she just… turned, all of a sudden. She changed her mind and hurt him, physically. So, it was a relief to him when he saw that she wasn’t in the hospital room.

“Hey… guys, where’s Megan?” he asked softly.

“G’day, what happenin’?” Simone said.

“What do you fucking think, Sim?” Travis snapped. He realised that was a little harsh, and added, “I’m sorry, you know I didn’t mean that, I just… don’t know…”

They all sat silently for a few seconds, Travis looking back at that trusty wall, Simone looking at a different wall, and Matt and Jess looking between the two, wondering what was going on.

Travis was the one to break the short silence. “I’m gonna go look for her.”

No one said anything else, so Travis left without another word. He walked down the white hospital corridor and squeezed into the crowded elevator. He walked quickly past the reception area and out into the overcast day. He walked across the street, dodging traffic as he went, and caught a glimpse of someone who looked remarkably like Megan about two hundred or so metres away. She was across some more traffic, and Travis made a walk for it.

It was when he let his eyes focus on where she was going to that made him fasten his pace to a run. It was a public restroom, one of the ones that looks so dodgy that you question entering it, no matter how bad you need to go. One of those ones that you don’t like to go into alone.

She disappeared into the building and Travis made a run for it. He ran across the road, nearly being hit by cars several times. He wouldn’t let his feet fail him, wouldn’t let himself fall as he ran across the eight lane highway. If he fell, he would die. But not only that, he wouldn’t be able to stop Megan from entering the restroom.

Sure, it was just a restroom, and he was probably just being paranoid, but he had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. A very bad feeling.

He ran, ran, ran, and then heard a scream coming from that direction. His mind stopped functioning for the most part, but some part of it told him to keep running. He didn’t know what he might find. He was fearful, but he kept running.

He reached the restroom and ran inside, gripping one of the walls with his fingertips to help him make the sharp turn that led him directly into the restroom

And what he saw there, that chilly overcast day, was something that would scar him for the rest of his life.