Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six:
If there’s ever a time to say ‘fuck’, that would be now.

And with that word being said in Derek’s head as if it were stuck on repeat, Derek's mother shooed Sonny out of the house and locked Derek in his room.

Do I really need to bother at this point in the story to remind you that Derek had been sucking on Sonny’s sweet dick when his mother entered the room? I think not.

Being locked in his room, Derek felt hopeless. But not only because he was locked inside there, but because he knew he wouldn’t be able to help Sonny like he could before. He wouldn’t be able to keep Sonny at his house like a sexy pet rock that fucks like a dream. Not anymore, to his extreme misfortune, though, not only for the ‘fucking like a dream’ part. For his safety. Though it probably wasn’t so, Derek felt a lot better when Sonny was with him. He felt like he could protect Sonny - to a certain extent, at least.

Derek sank into his bed, that lovely word still replaying in his head. After a few minutes of lying in the middle, he moved up and sat with his back resting against the head of the bed. He purposely hit his head against the wood a few times in frustration before the ringing of his cell caused him to stop. He carelessly picked it up - carelessly except for the hope that it was Sonny calling him - and pressed a button to answer it.

“Hello,” he said.

“Derek, it’s Matt. I-I have some news,” Matt said from the other end of the phone.

“Good or bad?” Derek asked, rubbing his eyes, still in frustration, yet a little concerned at the tone of Matt’s voice.

“Bad, Derek, very bad.”

“Well, what is it?”

“Megan… she’s-”

“She’s what?”

“Shut up and let me finish,” Matt’s said, sounding slightly annoyed. “She’s dead.”

Derek gasped. “She’s what!?”

“I’m not gonna fuckin’ repeat it, if that’s what you want,” said Matt, cantankerously. He may have been coming off rude and not in possession of any human qualities, but - and this may be difficult to understand - telling Derek what had happened just made it so real. So real, as much as Matt or anyone else didn’t want it to be real; his emotions were a little strange right now and something like that did make him a little frustrated, himself.

“I…” Derek started, pausing to think of what to say next. “I’ll be there soon. Where are you?”

“The hospital on Newton Street,” Matt replied. “You’ll get here in like… fifteen minutes.”

“No, I won’t,” Derek said, without any emotion. “I’ll be finding Sonny.” The lack of emotion in the first sentence was made up for a thousand times over with the emotion and raw passion he verbalised whilst saying that last sentence.

And with that, Derek hung up, not bothering to say anything else to Matt. He got up and began to work at picking the lock: something he had learned long ago. He heard the distinct click of the lock unlocking, and swung the door open. He passed the kitchen, where his mother spied him leaving and began shouting things at him.

“Where do you think you’re going?! Derek, get back here now or I swear you won’t eat dinner at my table ever again! I’ll lock you in your room for good!” That last sentence didn’t work for a few reasons, one: he obviously knew how to pick the lock, and two: as if a sentence like that will actually make you want to come back and say “Sure, mum, that sounds like great fun! I can’t wait!”

He grabbed his jacket and left the house, his mother’s shouts heard until he reached the other end of the street. He wracked his brains for places where Sonny may have gone, and decided he would try his house first. Upon reaching Sonny’s house, Derek saw that it looked very still.

Too still.

There should be people there now. Derek knew that neither of Sonny’s parents were returning to work until the next day. It was only late afternoon, and the sky just beginning to darken, yet the fact that no lights were on still bothered Derek. He squinted to look through the windows of the house for movement, but after scanning each of the windows visible from the front, he saw that all the curtains were pulled closed.

He carefully crept into the backyard, scanning the windows he could see now. The curtain were all, once again, pulled shut. This was an extremely peculiar thing, as Derek knew that both of Sonny’s parents had a fetish for the sun and the moon. They called them the beauties of the day and night, and thought them to be two of the most amazing things in all the universe. All in all, they thought very highly of the sun and the moon, and - with the exception of a terrible storm or a marvellous display of rats scattering down the streets, chased out of the sewers by some kids - kept all the curtain in the house open at all time, and in the daytime, windows, too.

He knew Sonny so well - very well indeed, (raise eyebrows in a naughty manner here) - that he didn’t see any harm in entering his house, especially with the peculiar and mind boggling fact that the windows and curtains were shut.

He stepped onto the back porch, the wooden boards creaking under his weight. He reached the door and turned the knob slowly - it was unlocked. He swung the door open - also slowly - and stepped into the house after shutting the door behind him.

And that was the moment which he saw something that rivalled the pure disgustingness and sheer horror of what Travis had seen that morning.