Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Four

Chapter Four:
“What the fuck!?” Sonny exclaimed, his voice muffled through the hand of his capturer. He began to struggle, trying to break free of the tight grip. He had no luck, whoever had hold of him were too strong. They let go of him, to his surprise, and he turned and saw their face for the first time.

“Travis!” Sonny yelled.

“Shouldn’t you be working, Sonny?” Travis joked.

“Travis, that is NOT funny! You scared the living shit out of me!” Sonny said, aiming a weak punch at Travis’ upper arm. Travis didn’t bother trying to stop him, he realised he deserved it. Maybe now wasn’t the best time to play a joke on Sonny, especially one like that.

“Sorry Sonny, it’s just, you were walking past and I couldn’t resist. Sorry.” Travis apologized, looking at the ground in shame, rubbing his hand along the length of his own arm.

The two lazed around for the rest of the class, Sonny not speaking to Travis at first, but he got over it pretty quick.

-Meanwhile, in Derek’s class-

“Psst, hey you, Bloom!” One of the jocks called.

Derek heard him but chose to ignore.

“Bloom! Oi, I know you can hear me so turn around!” The jock said.

Derek reluctantly turned his head, looking the jock in the eye. Of course it was the one from the bus this morning, the one who’d beaten up Sonny and punched Derek in the cheek.

“Bloom, you’re gonna pay for what you did to me this morning. You think you’re so tough, protecting your little boyfriend, well I’ll tell you something. Lunch time comes, you’re gonna get the beating of a lifetime.” The jock threatened. He turned back to his mates and they all laughed, pointing at Derek, snickering wildly.

Derek turned back around, facing the front, not replying. He’d have to be extra careful this lunch time.

-Lunch time-

Lunch time came around and Derek slyly snuck out of class before the jocks could notice he’d gone. He quickly crept along, through the hallways and out into a small clearing near the quad, surrounded by some rather tall bushes. He wasn’t really hungry and he particularly didn’t want to get beaten up, so he skipped eating.

He’d been sitting there for about ten minutes when he heard the distinct sound of footsteps, crushing the leaves with each step.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, Derek thought. He could hear the footsteps getting closer and closer and he was sure it was the jock.

He saw glimpses of the figures legs, and braced himself for what was coming.

“Derek? What are you doing here?”

“Matt! Thank god it’s you.” Derek said, breathing in a deep breath of relief.

“Yeah…so why are you hiding in the bushes?” Matt asked his friend.

“Hiding from the jocks.” Derek answered simply.

“Ah, I see. I’ll join you. Not for hiding, but for company.” Matt said, taking a seat on the ground, opposite Derek.

They sat together and began to chat innocently. As Matt spoke, Derek felt a sudden urge to confess, to come out, to tell Matt his feelings. He waited for a break in the conversation, which happened about two minutes later.

“Uh…Matt…I kinda have to tell you something.” Derek began.

“Sure, what is it?” Matt replied.

“Well…uh…you see, the thing is…” Derek stuttered, stopping, hanging his head. “I don’t know how to say this…”

“It’s ok, Derek, you can tell me.” Matt comforted.

“Matt, I’m gay.” Derek said softly. “Or bi, at least. And I kinda have a big crush on Sonny.”

“Whoa, Derek.” Matt said calmly. He didn’t know what to say. “Does Sonny know about this?”

“No, you’re the first person I’ve told.” Derek answered.

There was a short silence between them before they heard someone else come crashing through the bushes.

“Matt? Matt?” The person called.

“Over here.” Matt replied, recognising the voice.

“There you are!” The person said, coming into the clearing. It was Sonny.

God he’s hot, Derek thought. But I can’t tell him, what would he think? I hope Matt doesn’t tell him…I can trust Matt, I’m sure he won’t…

Derek felt a lot better after telling Matt, he’d finally got it off his chest. Throughout the remains of the day he felt better, a little embarrassed at first, but ultimately better.

School finished, and Sonny began his walk home with Derek. They were going back to Sonny’s place.

Derek’s mind was going wild as they walked. He’d liked Sonny for a long time, but lately his emotions had been overwhelming him. His emotions were telling him to just confess it all to Sonny, but his mind was telling him “NO!”

As they walked further, the path got narrower, forcing them to walk closer to each other. Sonny’s hand accidentally brushed against Derek’s, and Derek knew he couldn’t keep this just between him and Matt anymore.

“Sonny, there’s something you should know.” Derek began boldly. Well, he was bold until he looked over at Sonny’s gorgeous, deep brown eyes. Oh God. “Sonny, I really like you… in that way…”

Sonny was silent. Derek waited anxiously for a response. Instead of words, Sonny leaned over and pressed his soft lips against Derek’s. They felt warm in the cool breeze. Sonny reached his hands up and placed them around Derek’s neck. Chills ran through Derek’s body, good chills. Derek nibbled gently at Sonny’s lip, begging for entrance into his mouth. Sonny let out a soft moan as Derek’s tongue slipped into his mouth. Derek took his time, his tongue travelling every part of Sonny’s mouth.

This part of town was quite at this time of day, so they need not worry about anyone seeing them. Derek moved his hands around Sonny’s back, enjoying every second of this. BEEP! BEEP!