Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty:
Derek sat in his room, staring at the wall. He really couldn’t believe what was happening now. His boyfriend though he wanted to kill him! He didn’t know what he should do, but he figured he ought to find Sonny, anyway. He grabbed a coat and some money and took off to find his Sonny Bunny.

He wouldn’t stop until he found him.

“I don’t know… what could have happened to make him like this” Travis asked.

“Maybe it’s got something to do with Derek. They’ve barely left each others sides lately, but he came alone,” Simone offered.

“Yeah, maybe Derek isn’t giving him what he wants in the bedroom,” Matt said.

“Oh, shut up,” Jess said, swatting his arm lightly with her hand.

“Yeah, Matt, we need to be serious here,” Travis added to the conversation.

“Sorry.” Matt raised his hands in defeat.

“You fucking should be! Sonny is out there, he can’t even talk properly, and you are joking!?” Travis snapped.

“No, man. I just…”

“You just what? Wanted to add another one of your jokes, huh?” Travis yelled. He punched Matt in the face. “Huh?”

Matt staggered back a few steps.

“What the fuck was that for!?” Jess yelled at Travis, resting an arm on Matt’s. He had a hand to his cheek, as if holding it would stop the pain.

“Can you work it out, you dumb whore, or do I have to explain it again?”

“Dude, that’s too far,” Matt said, scowling.

“No, you’re too far!” Travis said… such a lame comeback.

Jess saw it coming and attempted to grab Matt’s arm to stop him, but she was too late. Matt punched Travis, now, right in the nose. Drips of blood ran out of it, and the two boys simultaneously went to punch each other. They did this a few times, Jess and Sim no help to break them up.

Simone, being the genius she is, pressed the call button, and a big, muscly, male nurse arrived in by luck. He broke the two up and told them both to get out of the hospital. When they asked for a few more minutes in there, the nurse reluctantly agreed. He walked out of the room and shut the door, yet remained standing just outside of it.

“What are we going to do, other than fight?” Travis asked, dabbing at the crimson fluid escaping from his nose with his fingertips.

“We should look for Sonny,” Matt said.

“I guess so. You go east, I go west. Then we’ll meet up, have something to eat, and you go north, I’ll go south.”

“I’ll help, too. It’ll be quicker with three people,” Jess added.

“No, It’s too dangerous. You stay here with Simone, and we’ll call you if we find anything. Travis, have you got Jess’ numb-”

“That won’t work. It’s a hospital, genius,” Jess said, referring to the ‘phones-off’ policy.

Matt looked at her for few seconds, then flushed red. “Oh…right…”

“That doesn’t really matter. If we find anything, it’ll be Sonny, so we can just come back here with him to let you both know that we found him,” Travis said.

“I guess so…” Jess said, but she sounded like she doubted the whole plan. The lack of communication, the risky-danger factor, the lack of security, you know.

Travis walked over to Simone’s bed, and sat on the edge, facing her. “Hi Sim,” he said.

“Hey Monkey-head,” she replied. Remember Travis’ words from what seemed like such a long time ago, but wasn’t really, ‘She says some pretty fucking weird things…’

“Sim, I just need to ask you this… I feel bad since Megan… you know… but I… I do want to ask you out. Can I?”

“Yes, Trav, you can ask the matchmaker out.”

“Okay. Would the matchmaker like to go out with me?”

“The matchmaker would.”

Travis smiled an impish grin. “We should go now.” Simone nodded, and Travis stood up.

“We’ll be back soon,” Matt whispered to Jess. He leant down and placed a light kiss on her lips before Matt and Travis both left.

Just like you see in some movies, they parted ways as soon as they left Simone’s hospital room. Travis went one way, Matt went the other. They both went off in their set directions, willing to look all night if they had to, in order to find Sonny.

But, little did they know, there was someone else looking for Sonny, too. Someone far more sinister…